Bike Sales Assistant - Torpedo7 Remarkables
- 12 Hawthorne Drive, Frankton, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
Torpedo7 is New Zealand's largest multi-channel outdoor adventure retailer, with 19 stores nationwide and a dedicated webstore. We are unique in NZ in that our Torpedo7 stores have all sorts of toys and experts under one roof - Bike, Outdoor, Snow, Water and Clothing.
We live and breathe outdoor sports, and we’re passionate about helping our customers do the same. Because our people use our products themselves, we pride ourselves on being able to help customers choose exactly the right gear – and saying ‘see you out there’.
We are looking for an experienced Bike Sales Assistant for our amazing Remarkables store! This will suit someone who is an active bike rider, who also has proven retail experience putting the customer first, and who has the desire to learn and grow within the bike industry. Knowledge of our current range and the ability to fit bikes is a bonus.
We are looking for someone who can genuinely talk to people about the bike gear we sell, because they love an outdoor adventure themselves. Experience selling outdoor and bike products is obviously an advantage but not essential for the right attitude.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering an excellent standard of customer service, ensuring a positive and professional attitude to work.
- Proactively interacting with our customers to identify the appropriate products to meet their needs.
- Creating memorable and meaningful experiences for our customers.
- Ensuring all products are maintained to appropriate stock levels.
- Maintain work area to an excellent standard, ensuring the shop floor is presentable and functional.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Applicant must have a minimum of 1 year experience selling high end performance Mountain bikes, Road bikes and E-bikes.
- Experience in retail, hospitality or a customer facing role is an advantage.
- A passion for the outdoors and first hand understanding of gear requirements for relevant bike activities in various environments.
- Knowledge of the Torpedo7 bike products is an added bonus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- A team player mentality.
- The capable of undertaking heavy lifting, climbing ladders and being on your feet for long periods of time.
- A See You Out There attitude!
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment with lots of variety, and you aren’t afraid of digging in hard to get things done. If you’re someone who likes working and sparking conversations with customers, and ensuring their experience is exceptional means the world to you. And if you thrive on teamwork, and morale is a big priority of yours because you love it when the team is humming... Then this is perfect for you!!
We want someone who is excited about building a career in retail, who loves our products, and who wants to share their enthusiasm with our customers.
Are you ready to live your passion at work? Gear up with us today!