Straddle Operator (4 month Fixed Term)
- 13 Bolderwood Place, Wiri, Auckland 2104, New Zealand
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
The Warehouse Group (TWG) is a New Zealand success story, founded by Sir Stephen Tindall and evolved from a single The Warehouse store to become one of the largest retailing groups in New Zealand with $3 billion in sales. TWG consists of six core retail brands: The Warehouse, Warehouse Stationery, Noel Leeming, Torpedo7, 1-day and TheMarket. We have 260+ retail stores, online stores as well as distribution centres throughout New Zealand. We also have two overseas sourcing offices located in China and India. We are a people-centred business with more than 12,000 team members across our locations.
You will be an integral part of the distribution center where you will be responsible for the efficient operation of straddle carriers to load, unload, move, and stack containers as required.
This role also involves getting your hands dirty with the general housekeeping of the straddle cranes and helping in other areas of the distribution center when required.
Health & safety, loss prevention, and sustainability will be extremely important to you and you will actively participate and promote initiatives in these areas.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in operating a straddle crane with relevant training/qualifications (required).
- Distribution/Warehousing experience will benefit you.
- Experience on Valmet and / or Konecranes NOELL straddle carriers
- Attention to detail.
- Time & Self-management skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
This role is will require you to work 40 hours per week with hours of 9:00am- 17:30pm. You will need to be able and willing to work overtime including some weekends in peak and have some flexibility to work different hours to cover leave of other operators.
If the above sounds like you, do not hesitate! We would love to hear from you!