Senior Project Manager
- 26 The Warehouse Way, Northcote, Auckland 0627, New Zealand
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
The Warehouse Group (TWG) is a New Zealand success story, founded by Sir Stephen Tindall and evolved from a single The Warehouse store to become one of the largest retailing groups in New Zealand with $3 billion in sales. TWG consists of six core retail brands: The Warehouse, Warehouse Stationery, Noel Leeming, Torpedo7, 1-day and TheMarket. We have 260+ retail stores, online stores as well as distribution centres throughout New Zealand. We also have two overseas sourcing offices located in China and India. We are a people-centred business with more than 12,000 team members across our locations
We are looking for an experienced, senior project manager who can champion technology while being the voice of the customer. A leader who values innovation, coupled with integrity. You will join us at an exciting time as we begin our transformation to an agile workforce across the Group. Our ICT infrastructure is changing to support these new ways of working and you will be delivering initiatives that enable this change. You will be joining an established, supportive practice with scope to deliver other types of initiatives from time to time.
- Project management, organisational change management
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills with an advanced level of business acumen
- Experience in driving improvement initiatives in complex environments
- Deep understanding of governance processes, delivery methodologies, flow of work and prioritisation techniques
- Ability to coach and inspire team members
- Contracts based delivery
- Strong understanding of agile techniques and their application in the delivery lifecycle
- Strong understanding of lean principles and the application of those to the delivery lifecycle
- Understanding and use of design thinking techniques to shape solution approaches
- Understanding and use of customer journey mapping and business model canvas creation
- ICT infrastructure background
You will have successfully delivered ICT projects in complex enterprise or campus size environments across multiple customers or brands over many years. You will be comfortable working with internal and external cross-functional teams delivering initiatives like: physical to virtual transformations, platform migrations, core and edge networks, security and end of life upgrades. Your experience working with business leaders and managers to describe and deliver on business goals will be an advantage. As well as exposure to managing teams in infrastructure as code environments. We are looking for an agile mindset with the ability to excite people to deliver.
- Project or Programme Management Qualifications (Waterfall & Agile) Prince2, PMP, Agile certification
- ITIL v3 or ITIL 4
- Tertiary education in a technology or business related area
We have some great staff perks and guarantee an energetic and fast paced environment.