Stock Controller - Torpedo7 Albany
- Mercari Way, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
We live and breathe outdoor sports, and we’re passionate about helping our customers do the same. Because our people use our products themselves, we pride ourselves on being able to help customers choose exactly the right gear – and saying ‘see you out there’.
Part of The Warehouse Group family of brands since 2013, Torpedo7 has 21 stores nationwide, as well as an online retail site, with offerings as diverse as Bike, Snow, Moto, Outdoor, Water sports and Fishing gear.
The role is hands-on, varied and active. From transferring stock, to meeting standards for replenishment and security tagging, you'll be busy and responsible for everyday stock operations. In a fast-paced environment, smooth back of house operation is vital to ensure the product is always the priority. You'll be actively managing and controlling the stock, be meticulous in your reporting of current stock and stay ahead in your knowledge of new products.
You will also be required to be part of the sales team at times, therefore you need to be able to genuinely talk to people about the gear we sell while delivering excellent service to our customers.
This is a permanent position.
The shift days are Tuesday to Friday.
Ideally you will have:
- Exemplary organisation skills
- A task-focused and customer centric approach
- Experience in a retail or logistic environment
- Ability to communicate confidently at every level
- Excellent problem solving skills
- No problem taking full responsibility and ownership for daily operations.
- An interest in expanding your knowledge of our stock and take pride in handling it to a very high standard
- The ability to build relationships with brand specialists and internal colleagues throughout the business
Our passionate people enjoy careers that provide inspiring experiences, exciting challenges and amazing benefits. They also know that Torpedo7 is committed to developing its talent, which allows for a wide scope of amazing opportunities as the business continues to grow. We are also part of The Warehouse Group, meaning there is plenty of scope for career development and staff benefits that extend well beyond the traditional outdoors industry.