- Newmarket, Auckland, New Zealand
TheMarket is a new independent marketplace ecosystem housing some of the greatest brands from within New Zealand and around the world providing customers access to a broad range of products with great delivery & service options. With over 350 merchants representing over 3000 brands we offer a unique shopping experience designed to inspire, guide and entertain. This is a rare opportunity to join a start-up environment with highly talented individuals to build the next big digital business in New Zealand. We are well funded with support and access to resources from one of NZ's leading companies.
This role is all about pitching in. We're in full start-up mode so while you will have a focus on front end development, you'll be rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in wherever you can add value.
“Looks Good, Works Well!” is the way you approach your work; you are interested in both form and function; and enjoy working directly with designers to realize cutting edge frontend user experiences that are implemented with technical excellence using an SPA approach. You are passionate about web development and understand the latest frontend technologies. You know that delivering an experience and not just building them is of prime importance: you make sure your software ships, and you are able to make the practical tradeoffs to prioritize work to manage timelines.
- React, Angular, or Vue experience - we aren't fussed which
- Bootstrap or similar ui framework
- Build systems like Webpack or similar
- UI testing beneficial
- Any backend experience with node/php/java/.net and mysql/mariadb or any database is well regarded
- Solid thinker with good communications skills
Our company culture is laid back but energised with a group of innovative and driven people that are focused on creating the next frontier for retail in New Zealand.
The right type of person for this role
- Approaches challenges with an open mindset, creativity, hunger and lots of energy
- Strong desire to build something great and thrive on the marathon like challenge to get there