Trading and Services Manager - Warehouse Stationery
- Auckland, New Zealand
The Warehouse Group is moving into an exciting phase as we transform our way of working to help us stay match-fit for the future. The retail world is changing and the need to be responsive is more important than ever when it comes to sourcing quality products, at the right price, that our customers love.
We are searching for a passionate, talented individual who really ‘gets’ what good retail fundamentals are and who can combine their buying and retail services experience into one amazing role as the Trading and Services Manager for our Warehouse Stationery (WSL) brand.
This is a senior level position and would suit someone at a Merchandise Management level as you report through to the CEO - Group Sourcing Support & TWL/WSL Merchandise. You will sit on the senior leadership team within the Product (Merchandise) team, where you will be the key voice of our Warehouse Stationery brand. We are therefore looking for someone who excels in communication, influencing, and stakeholder management as you are the key link between our Warehouse Stationery brand and the buying & services teams.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the trading activities for Warehouse Stationery, including direct leadership of the Print and Copy Centre, Warehouse Mobile, Services and Extended Online Range.
- Delivery of sales, margin, and stock results to budget by working alongside the category specific Buying Managers and the Commercial Support Managers.
- Proactively monitor trading, product performance, trends and customer insights.
- Focus on initiatives that will grow the WSL business and deliver our strategic objectives.
- Drive improved customer focus so that they are at the heart of all decision making.
- Attend and participate in the Range Reviews as appropriate, to provide insights and actions to the team.
- Managing, coaching and developing your team – ensuring the team is a "one team" with clear strategy, goals and objectives.
- Champion change management and collaboration.
This role is critical to our business success. We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent commercial acumen and knowledge of and experience in the industry
- A customer driven focus combined with vast experience of retail buying
- Superior communication and influencing skills across a complex and matrix business
- Proven leadership skills
- Strategic decision-making abilities in a fast-moving and environment
- Strong resilience and tenacity
- A pro-active and out-going approach with an innate drive to achieve
This role is key role for the future of The Warehouse Group and is a real chance to enhance your career through achievement and delivery of category objectives. If you thrive on achieving business success and feel like a fresh challenge, then this role is for you.
We’re changing the future of retail in New Zealand, if you want to be part of something exciting then apply now!