Associate Buyer - Home Textiles
- Northcote, Auckland, New Zealand
This outstanding opportunity is for an Associate Buyer covering The Warehouse and Warehouse Stationery brands for the Home Textiles category.
Retail is evolving at an incredibly fast pace – and our Home team is certainly at the forefront of the change!
The Associate level role is a key development position in Merchandise and is a great stepping stone position in an individual's career as they advance into Buying. Designed to give you responsibility for trading results, with support and input from an experienced Buyer, the position stretches you, develops you and sets you up for success in your career.
Reporting to the Lead Buyer and working very closely with the Buyers on a daily basis, you will be responsible for selecting compelling product ranges for our customers, negotiating highly competitive prices, and delivering customer driven category and promotional plans.
Here you will develop and grow your knowledge of the Buying function by assisting with administrative tasks and systems support. You will support end to end delivery of key objectives including financial, customer, process, range and stock management, price and promotion, team and community, with accountability to buy for a defined portion of the overall category.
What you will need coming in to the role is:
- An appetite for hard work - retail is busy and we need someone who thrives on the pace.
- An eye on deadlines - every week there are critical deadlines that must be hit for the department to function successfully.
- Attention to detail - can you ensure information is accurate, and quickly spot and correct errors.
- General admin and Microsoft Office skills - you will be using them every day.
- A proven interest/some knowledge of Home/textiles
We want someone who has hunger to get things done, develop themselves and make the most of the opportunity to get into our business and progress. There are countless examples in the office already of people who have made the most of their opportunities and are in senior Buying or Category Management roles with us now - you could be the next success story if you want it enough!
If this sounds like you, apply now!