Product Development Manager
- Northcote, Auckland, New Zealand
The Warehouse Group is moving into an exciting phase as we transform our way of working. The retail world is changing and the need to be responsive is more important than ever when it comes to sourcing quality products, at the right price, that our customers love.
The Product Development Managers are massively important, hugely commercial roles in our Group Sourcing division. They play a key role in developing and delivering on our sourcing strategies! This position will look after the apparel side of our business, so having an in-depth knowledge and vast expertise in apparel and textiles is a must.
We are searching for a passionate, talented individual who really gets what good sourcing looks like, and who understands how to manage some of the many different issues that can arise. You will also be someone who excels in communication, influencing, and stakeholder management as you will manage the everyday working relations between the buying, design and quality teams and will translate this through to our sourcing and supplier networks.
This position is based in our Auckland Support Office; however, you will be required to travel.
- Working with multiple internal stakeholders such as Buyers and Planners, this role is the link between our trading teams and our network of suppliers both locally and internationally.
- Ensure product is on time and the right quality of delivery.
- Interpreting product design and briefing suppliers and the sourcing teams on the desired outcome.
- Working with suppliers to achieve the best look and feel for developed products.
- Ensuring our supplier base is strong, you’ll constantly seek out ways to improve current processes and actively work to educate our teams based in China and India on NZ market requirements.
- Continuous improvement and managing lead times.
You will be:
- An extensive buying and direct sourcing background within apparel.
- Understand apparel production processes including technical aspect of garment construction and costing
- An expert in understanding seasonal product strategy
- Familiar with in-depth product development, and have knowledge of the industry trends and technology.
- Only too happy communicating and negotiating with suppliers, factories, (fabric) mills and internal stakeholders to get the best possible outcome for the business.
- Flexible, process driven and focused on providing results and solutions for our customers.
- Knowledgeable and experienced within New Zealand retail, and being used to fast-paced and ever changing environments.
- Driven, determined, and have a good sense of humour
- An innovator with a penchant for making things better. You’ll know what good looks like and push hard to make things great.
We’ve got an awesome North Shore location with views across the Waitemata Harbour, plenty of free parking and an onsite café. We’ll also give you your birthday off, great discounts across all our brands and excellent career development opportunities.
We’re changing the future of retail in New Zealand, if you want to be part of something exciting apply now!