- Hamilton, New Zealand
Advance your outdoor merchandise career with Torpedo7! We are the Number 1 outdoor adventure retailer in New Zealand. We have 12 stores in New Zealand, and Ecommerce Websites servicing both New Zealand and Australia. We are part of The Warehouse Group - New Zealand's Largest retail group employing over 12,000 people.
Torpedo7 is currently experiencing exceptional growth in both online and bricks and mortar and we are now looking for a Merchandiser to join our Hamilton based team as we continue to drive towards our goal of becoming one of the world's best outdoor adventure retailers.
In this role, you will work alongside the Torpedo7 House Brand Manager, the buying team and the Group sourcing offices, to create the House Brand range across all categories.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing workload and work flow, supporting the delivery of the seasonal orders and critical pathway across all general merchandise
- Checking products meet the original design specification and applying Quality Assurance measures to both pre-production and shipping sample stages
- Checking third party and in factory QA quality inspections meet approval requirements
- Working with our finance and logistic teams to manage supplier shipments/deposits
- Working closely with our design team to ensure all product design information is communicated well and in a timely manner to meet critical seasonal timelines
- Works closely with the buying team on designs from concept to sign off, interpreting briefs and working with the HB leadership team to create range presentations and detailed product spec for the buying teams
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a manufacturing and/or QA background and a clear understanding of critical path management and factory lead times
- Is super passionate about the adventure sports market and preferably a passionate enthusiast for outdoor and water sports
- A knowledge of pattern making, fabrics and construction expertise would be an advantage
- Intermediate computer skills – Word, Excel
- Sound communication skills both written and verbal
- A resilient and driven nature
"See you out there" is much more than the Torpedo7 catch phase - it's our way of life. So, if joining a dynamic and supportive team environment within a Group that cares about and recognises individuals sounds like you, then apply now!