- 5650 Main St, Manchester Center, VT 05255, USA
The Vermont Country Store holds a rich history with deep roots in Vermont. While we’ve always offered hard-to find products, we also offer easy-to-love careers in a variety of roles. From full-time professional careers to seasonal opportunities that play a key role to ensuring our success during peak periods, we have something for everybody at VCS. You may be in our office in Manchester, our retail stores in Weston and Rockingham or the call center or distribution center in North Clarendon, but one thing that is certain is all of our teams are full of passion and pride, knowing they’re delivering our customers a connection to the past!
When Vrest Orton opened The Vermont Country Store in 1946, his goal was to offer his customers practical products for everyday use — things that were essential to maintaining their personal well-being. Seventy years later, we continue to follow in his footsteps, not only with our customers, but for our employees too. The Vermont Country Store offers a unique work environment in a rural setting for those who enjoy the outdoors and country lifestyle. The array of perks and benefits we offer our employees is specifically tailored to support our Vermont way of life, and some of them you won’t find in many other places. Some favorite perks are our onsite health center, fully-equipped fitness centers, access to our community garden, employee discounts, and fresh fruit, coffee, tea and milk offered daily. We like to say that the strength of The Vermont Country Store is in its people, so we are committed to supporting their overall well-being with benefits and programs that work for them, not just our business.
We are a 70 year old family owned business seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to join our Advertising/Creative Team. The Graphic Designer will produce visual solutions to the communication needs of clients, using a mix of creative skills and commercial awareness. The qualified candidate will have previous experience in catalog design. The Graphic Designer will need imaginative flair, awareness of current fashions in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest computer packages and the understanding of material costs and time limits that can have an impact on the design. Focus will be on selling product through engaging imagery and copy, with an eye toward The Vermont Country Store’s rich and authentic heritage.
- Excited to be a key member of the Advertising Department?
- Interested in developing advertising collateral for Retail?
- Technically proficient in Adobe CC, especially InDesign?
- A detail and deadline oriented person?
- Experience with page layouts of catalogs?
- The ability to multi-task as our graphic designers are often working on more than one design brief at a time?
- A portfolio detailing some of your graphic design highlights?
Are you ready to…
- Think creatively to produce new ideas?
- Collaborate with product developers, merchandisers, the e-commerce team and others?
- Be proactive in presenting ideas and designs to prospective customers?
Education- Experience- Skills
· In depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques
· Conversant with modern design trends as well as classical period advertising
· 3-5 years of experience as a graphic designer
· Must submit a portfolio along with resume
Education- Experience- Skills
- In depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques
- Conversant with modern design trends as well as classical period advertising
- 3-5 years of experience as a graphic designer
- Must submit a portfolio along with resume
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The Vermont Country Store provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.