DevOps and Integration Developer
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Nat eScience Infrastructure
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Fixed-Term
- Position Number: 55566162
NeSI - New Zealand eScience Infrastructure - is New Zealand's high-performance computing research infrastructure. They provide platforms and expertise which enable the country's researchers to tackle the world's largest problems.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
We are currently looking for an experienced DevOps and Integration Programmer to join our team where you will design and implement a suite of open-source products underpinning and integrating NeSI’s services into high performance computing and data analytics services.
This position is full-time and fixed-term for 12 months.
As part of a small team of software engineers, you will contribute in product development, translating researcher and sector needs into the evolution of NeSI’s services, implementing services which improve outcomes for researchers and stakeholders.
As a DevOps professional your ability to wrangle service-oriented infrastructure will be a key asset in the team and see you playing a major role in the design, build, operations, and evolution of the support infrastructure underpinning NeSI’s product delivery.
- Define and implement automation and processes to enable the product team to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications locally and in the cloud
- Providing responsive support to issues and incidents escalated to the product development team
- Perform requirements analysis for new services or enhancement
Software and data product development supporting NeSI’s pipeline of products, lifting quality and enhancing value delivered to researchers
For more detailed information, please refer to the POSITION DESCRIPTION
Mō tō māou rōpū | About the team
NeSI partners with research sector institutions to achieve a critical mass of high-performance computing expertise and capability nationally. NeSI is an unincorporated body, with investment from New Zealand universities, Crown Research Institutes and the Crown, through the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. Our purpose is to grow the computing and analytics capability of researchers to ensure New Zealand’s future prosperity.
He kōrero mōu | About you
Our ideal candidate will have a relevant tertiary qualification and/or considerable industry experience with demonstrated experience in a programming, integration and DevOps/GitOps focused role.
Ideally you will have Full-stack software development and/or integration/customisation experience across various languages with distributed or cloud solutions/service development experience.
As a software engineer your love of shaping technology will have a direct impact on the future of NeSI. You’ll bring your DevOps expertise to product integration and customisation efforts, ensuring CI/CD methodologies are followed, from infrastructure-as-code to continuous release. You’ll be immersed in all elements of adaptive and agile development practices, and be comfortable working across a multi-site distributed team.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- High level analytical, conceptual, and problem resolution skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of distributed systems and common networking protocols.
- Proficiency in deployment and operation of software platforms via common cloud infrastructures.
- Practical understanding of container-based software delivery.
- Strong Linux skills relevant to open software development and deployment.
- Expertise in the use, configuration and software-pipeline integration of CI/CD environments, and test-driven development frameworks.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we offer
We offer an opportunity within New Zealand’s leading University that will have a positive impact on the lives of students. We also offer:
- Five weeks’ annual leave per annum
- Up to 6.75% employer superannuation contribution
- Over 300 different career development courses and programmes
- Discounted parking and various leisure and recreation services
- A diverse and inclusive working environment
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday 21st November 2021 to be considered.
Please include your cover letter and/or CV highlighting how you can meet the skills and experiences detailed above.
Please note, the actual job title for this role is DevOps and Integration Programmer.
In accordance with our commitment to equitable recruitment, the University welcomes applications from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates. In response to COVID-19 the New Zealand Government has imposed a travel ban and are currently only allowing New Zealand Residents, Citizens and visa holders meeting a strict exception policy to enter the country, all of whom must currently enter Government approved quarantine for two weeks on arrival.
It is uncertain when these border restrictions will change, and this may impact the degree to which an off-shore candidate can engage in the interview process; or be available to commence in a new position. For more information and updates on the border restrictions visit the Immigration New Zealand website or the New Zealand Government’s official Covid-19 website.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz.