Events Crew - 12 months Fixed Term
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Event Services
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Fixed-Term
- Position Number: 55560809
Here is your chance to gain event experience, meet new people and have fun in a professional and fast paced environment. The Events Services team has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Logistics Operator to join the University as part of the Commercial Services team.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
A great opportunity is available for an experienced and enthusiastic events crew member to provide logistics and operations support for the Event Services teams and University faculties and departments.
Working as part of the Event Services team, your main responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the main point of contact for logistics services provided across the University
- Delivering and maintaining logistics orders (equipment delivery, event pack ins/outs, labour support)
- Co-ordinating all aspects of equipment delivery and logistics support in consultation with the Venue and Event Services teams
- Providing excellent customer service to the University’s diverse stakeholders
- Planning and managing scheduling, cost estimates, resources and services
- Leading, supervising and training a team of casual logistics staff
This position is Fixed Term for 12 months to support the delivery of orders and events during peak times throughout the year.
The actual position name for this role is Logistics Coordinator.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
You will have the ability to deliver great logistical event support with strong motivation, initiative and flexibility to ensure the successful and cost-efficient delivery of University events and venue operations.
Physically fit and suitably qualified with relevant experience, you will be self-motivated, strategic and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The hours worked vary according to event scheduling, which can involve working long days, evenings, and weekends as required, so a high degree of flexibility is a must.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of 31st May 2021to be considered. Please include your cover letter and/or CV highlighting how you can meet the skills and experiences detailed above.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz