Temporary Support Staff (Administration, PA/EA, Events, Marketing, Accounts, Projects)
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Talent and Recruitment
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Casual
- Position Number: 55559671
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university, with a turnover of $1.1bn, including research revenue of over $200m generated across eight diverse faculties and two research institutes. We employ more than 8400 academic and professional staff to support over 42,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
We are looking for candidates to submit their expression of interest for temporary roles across the University and who would like to register in our Temp Pool.
The length of agreement could be for for 4 weeks or a couple of months in length with both full and part-time hours, depending on the reason for the temp request.
Our roles vary from administration, coordination, reception, PA/EA, accounts admin (purchase to pay), projects to events and marketing.
Dependent on the role, tasks of a temp can include:
- Assisting a team through a range of administrative functions
- Updating internal databases
- Preparing and formatting documents/reports
- Responding to queries both internally and externally
- Organising meetings, functions and events
- Coordinating agendas and taking minutes
- Managing diary & travel bookings
- Reporting monthly budget and tracking departmental expenditure
- Writing correspondence
- Updating marketing materials and maintaining online web content
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Booking couriers and organising catering
- Filing and photocopying
- Fielding and transferring phone calls
- Monitoring departmental Outlook inbox
- Accounts Payable/ Accounts Receivable
- Processing invoices
We are looking for candidates with at least one to two years proven experience in the above areas and the ability to hit the ground running Previous experience within a tertiary environment is preferred but not essential. If you are available immediately and possess the skills and experience, please send through your CV in MS Word format complete with a cover letter indicating your preference for full-time or part-time hours. Please note we will be reviewing applications as they are submitted.
In accordance with our commitment to equitable recruitment, the University welcomes applications from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates. In response to COVID-19 the New Zealand Government has imposed a travel ban and are currently only allowing New Zealand Residents, Citizens and visa holders meeting a strict exception policy to enter the country, all of whom must currently enter Government approved quarantine for two weeks on arrival.
It is uncertain when these border restrictions will change, and this may impact the degree to which an offshore candidate can engage in the interview process; or be available to commence in a new position. For more information and updates on the border restrictions visit the Immigration New Zealand website or the New Zealand Government’s official Covid-19 website.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz