Digital Engagement and Communications Advisor - Fixed Term
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Business Services
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Fixed-Term
- Position Number: 55563582
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading University, with a turnover of $1.1bn, including research revenue of over $200m generated across eight diverse faculties and two research institutes. We employ more than 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
12month fixed term contract
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a strategically-minded, collaborative, innovative individual with get-up and go who can help support the Digital Engagement and Communications team successfully communicate and promote its exceptional wealth of content and services within Libraries and Learning Services and to the wider University community.
This role focuses on developing and delivering persuasive content, both digitally and in printed publications. With your unique user-centric approach, you will seek to understand the nuances of the entire Libraries and Learning Services business, its clients and stakeholders, and your own designated portfolio of the business. You will become the subject matter expert for your portfolio and advise your various stakeholders on all things digital, help them create engaging content and effectively promote their services via numerous channels. In line with the division strategy and vision, and with a high performing, engaged team alongside you, this is an amazing opportunity for the right individual.
For more in-depth information, please refer to the position description.
He kōrero mōu | About you
We are looking for a team member who enjoys working with people, wants to be part of a dynamic team, is a self-starter, organised, has excellent communication skills and can work with a diverse range of stakeholders.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- Experience in a diverse range of digital engagement and communications activities for specific and diverse audiences
- The ability to build relationships and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels within the University environment
- Experience in strategic communications, including developing communications strategies and plans, internal communications, and more Proven ability to plan, edit and write content for a variety of channels, including website content
- Experience or expertise in social media
- Phenomenal communication and copywriting skills
- Proven project management skills with a consistent ability to meet deadlines
- Experience working in larger complex environments is advantageous
- Degree in Communications and Marketing, IT or equivalent discipline or similar experience is preferred
- Proficiency communicating in Te Reo Maori would be an advantage
Desirable Technical Skills
- AEM Forms
- Google Analytics
- CRM platform experience
How to apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Please reach out to Melissa Free for a confidential conversation. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email.
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of 9th May 2021 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and/or CV highlighting how you can meet the skills and experiences detailed above.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz