Casual Customer Service Representative
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Staff Service Centre
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Casual
- Position Number: 55565078
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The role of Customer Service Representative within the Staff Service Centre at The University of Auckland is a pivotal position that will give you unrivalled exposure to the breadth of the University’s operations and successes.
To meet short-term staffing needs we are currently seeking a Customer Service Representative on a casual contract within our general or IT teams.
- Deliver excellent quality service, assistance and precise topical information to the University’s staff and other stakeholders
- Provide accurate information every time, and then ensuring all service requests are documented to a high standard
- Work within and contribute to our enthusiastic and energetic team spirit
For more detailed information, please refer to the POSITION DESCRIPTION
About the team | Mō tō mātou rōpū
The team you will be supporting is a strong, supportive unit that is constantly striving for continuous improvement. We collaborate and work together to achieve our goals and ensure a great customer experience.
Contract hours will be changeable and agreed with the line manager of the role.
About you | He kōrero mōu
Although experience within a similar environment would be beneficial, it is more important that you bring a great attitude, with the ability to roll up your sleeves and deliver an exceptional experience to our customers. You will be calm under pressure and able to work in a fast-paced, volume-driven environment.
Important Skills | Nga Pūkenga Motuhake
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with great listening and interpretation skills
- Ability to learn new systems, software and procedures quickly
- Experience within a Call Centre or experience within an IT Call Centre
- Exchange and Active Directory experience
- Basic troubleshooting
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of 27th August 2021 to be considered.
Please include your cover letter and/or CV highlighting how you can meet the skills and experiences detailed above.
In accordance with our commitment to equitable recruitment, the University welcomes applications from all suitably qualified and experienced candidates. In response to COVID-19 the New Zealand Government has imposed a travel ban and are currently only allowing New Zealand Residents, Citizens and visa holders meeting a strict exception policy to enter the country, all of whom must currently enter Government approved quarantine for two weeks on arrival.
It is uncertain when these border restrictions will change, and this may impact the degree to which an off-shore candidate can engage in the interview process; or be available to commence in a new position. For more information and updates on the border restrictions visit the Immigration New Zealand website or the New Zealand Government’s official Covid-19 website.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz