Service Excellence Consultant
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Org Perf & Improvement
- Advert Closing Date: 09/02/2020
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Number: 55564305
The University of Auckland is one of New Zealand’s most enriching, significant and complex entities. With eight diverse faculties, two research institutes and over 6,000 staff and 42,000 students the University focuses on continually improving the service experience through improved operational and service effectiveness.
Working with great people, this highly collaborative role supports maturity in the use of a range of improvement tools including a visual management board programme, communities of practice and a good ideas process.
This role will see you driving stakeholder engagement through building awareness, desire and knowledge while supporting continued reinforcement of the use of the management operating system.
- Drive service effectiveness by supporting managers and teams with the tools and techniques to enable visual management
- Help to embed the use of Service Commitments/Standards
- Implement appropriate tool-sets and provide advice that supports good practice for the measurement of KPIs
- Support the maturity of Communities of Practice including a community of Service Excellence Advocates
- Lead the development and use of effective fit-for-purpose improvement strategies, policies, processes and practices
- Facilitate workshops, peer and other learning approaches
For further information please click HERE for the position description.
Experience / Skills required
- Tertiary qualification in management, organisational performance, organisational development or a related area
- Proven experience working in a large complex environment
- Proficiency with operational, reporting and project management toolsets
- Proven team player, collaborator, coach and facilitator
- Proven experience driving stakeholder engagement
- Experience working with Visual Management Boards is preferred
- Lean 6 Sigma Qualification is preferred
- Exposure to Agile methodologies is an advantage
Why work for us?
The University of Auckland is dedicated to providing an excellent and stimulating environment for its employees which ensures a healthy work life balance through.
- Opportunity to manage an exciting and diverse portfolio that has a direct impact on the lives of students and their University experience.
- Five weeks’ annual leave per annum.
- Up to 6.75% employer superannuation contribution.
- Over 300 different career development courses.
- Discounted, onsite childcare, parking and various leisure and recreation services.
For more information on the benefits of working here, see our Staff Benefits page.
This is a dream job for the right person. If you hold the experience requested above and want to work for one of Auckland’s largest employers please submit your CV with a cover letter outlining what strengths you would bring to this position by the closing date of Sunday, 9 February 2020.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz