International Manager (The Faculty of Science)
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: International Office
- Advert Closing Date: 16/02/2020
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Fixed-Term
- Position Number: 55559966
This is a fixed term role for two years.
The University of Auckland is New Zealand's pre-eminent research-led University, with a proud heritage of academic endeavour and social impact, grounded in its eight faculties. It employs over 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 42,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
Whilst we remain firmly committed to our regional community, we are determined to deliver against ambitious international strategic priorities, the major objective of this exciting opportunity.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the International Manager will work closely with the Senior International Manager, Faculty Dean/s, Associate and Assistant Dean/s in the Faculty of Science and with the Director and the Deputy Director International Office to develop and implement strategies to achieve faculties’ internationalisation goals, including international student recruitment targets.
About the role
You will also play a critical role within the International Office itself, contributing to the development of strategic and annual operational plans, growing our network of key institutional partners and helping shape key marketing messages. You will build key relationships with offshore education agencies, identifying business opportunities and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions and trends. A key focus will be championing the international marketing and recruitment challenge in the Indian Subcontinent for The University of Auckland. The role contributes to the University's International Strategy and its objectives.
Who are we looking for?
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong track record of leadership and stakeholder management, together with a commitment to results-oriented, collaborative and evidence-based ways of working.
- You will have experience of strategic marketing and recruitment in the tertiary education environment in the Indian market, identifying particular targets and working with academics, profiling their programmes of study, combined with customer relationship management, and having the professionalism to represent the University internationally.
- Candidates will need to be experienced in data analysis and reporting, as there will be a requirement to report on student recruitment data extensively.
- Proactivity, energy, and efficiency will be key, as will an ability to inspire confidence and respect while working effectively with different groups of people and cultures.
This is a challenging and exciting role, rewarding in the tangible nature of your achievements in the position. Your efforts will directly contribute to the continued success of the University, in particular in meeting targets for the recruitment of international students, with many of whom you can look forward to fostering ongoing relationships.
You should be prepared for extensive overseas travel and have a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary (Professional Level 6 band) with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information, please visit Staff Benefits.
Auckland itself is frequently rated as one of the world’s most livable cities and is continually ranked one of the best places in the world to live and raise a family. For more information on moving to New Zealand, click here
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday 16th February to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, equity groups, parenting support, and flexible work go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz.