Programme Advisor - Auckland Online
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Contact Centre
- Advert Closing Date: 29/09/2019
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Number: 55564996
If you are a confident, customer centric professional who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment, this may be the perfect job for you!
It’s a fantastic time to join the team, as this new position has been created as a part of a new-start up initiative within The Auckland University.
You will be the first-point of contact for prospective students keen to develop themselves through further learning, and through a consultative approach will assist students once they have taken their first step to submit a lead enquiry on the Auckland online website.
As part of the advisory process you will play a pivotal role, by providing at times complex career and study related information about Auckland On-line’s Programmes. As you will be guiding students through the important decision-making process the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people will be key to be successful in this role.
To ensure your success, you will be provided with in-depth training and support from day one.
The role presents fantastic opportunities for professional development and career progression.
Key accountabilities for this position include:
- Ensure enquiries are actioned within agreed timeframes, and service request is raised within the system
- Achieve set targets set out by the manager
- Identify prospective students needs and take appropriate
- Maximise prospective student enquiry opportunities by actively promoting The Auckland University Programmes
- Proactively contribute to providing an innovative environment that support continuous improvement
- Provide feedback on the process and procedures as they relate to the conversion from enquiry to enrolment.
We’re looking for a self-starter who is calm, and capable with high levels of perseverance, and resilience to be part of our collaborative team. We take great pride in our work and enjoy celebrating our achievements.
You’re have solid back ground in customer service or sales, ideally gained in a contact centre environment and be able to hit the ground running on their first day.
If you’re looking for variety and a role where you can truly make it your own, then don’t delay apply today!
Skills and experience:
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Tertiary qualification or relevant experience
- You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act with discretion, as well as a good level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and be technology savvy
- Experience in a customer call centre environment will be advantageous but not essential
- We are seeking an individual who has meticulous attention to detail and is highly organised, with the ability to manage competing demands, multitask and thrive in a truly dynamic environment.
- Clearly and accurately convey complex information and have a positive ‘can do ‘attitude!
The Student Contact and Support offers information and advice at the first point of contact across telephone, email and face to face enquiries.
Why work for us?
The University of Auckland is dedicated to providing an excellent and stimulating environment for its employees which ensures a healthy work life balance. As such we offer benefits such as research and study leave, wide range of leadership and development programmes, subsidised car parking, childcare and medical insurance; generous annual leave and recreation centre facilities.
Based in the heart of New Zealand’s largest and most diverse city, The University of Auckland has the most comprehensive range of courses in the country with teaching and research conducted over eight faculties and two large-scale research institutes; Business and Economics, Engineering, Science, Arts, Education, Law, Creative Arts and Industries, the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences; and two large-scale research institutes: the Auckland Bioengineering Institute and the Liggins Institute. It is New Zealand’s pre-eminent research-led institution and has key linkages with many of the world’s top research intensive universities.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday, 29 September 2019 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document, outlining what strengths you would bring to this position
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz