Scientific - Data Scientist 2
USG1 (www.usg1.com) provides top talent solutions to government agencies where we aim to make a meaningful difference and add value to the mission. We look for candidates who want to make a difference to their team and its objectives, and in return, we will support you and help you in your goals and career journey.
Creates data mining architectures/models/protocols, statistical reporting, and data analysis methodologies to identify trends in large data sets. Analysis may have many applications such as to address a business issue or provide a competitive advantage for the organization. Requires strong statistical and data visualization skills.
• Collaborate with engineering teams to develop an understanding of needs
• Research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis
• Communicate findings to stakeholders and make recommendations.
• Enable smarter business processes by using analytics for meaningful insights.
• Keep current with technical and industry developments.
• Serve as lead data strategist to identify and integrate new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities, and
work closely with the data engineering team in the development of data products
• Execute analytical experiments to help solve problems across various company sectors and technical teams.
• Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
• Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big-data stores; perform data and error analysis to improve models; clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy!
• Analyze data for trends and patterns and interpret data with clear objectives in mind.
• Implement analytical models and build machine-learning environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, computer engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline
- 3 or more years of experience in data science
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
- Experience in pattern recognition and predictive modeling
- Have used Tableau, Advanced experience with Tableau, SQL, Python, R, Django, Java, excel.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, research-oriented group that has several concurrent projects.
- Experience working in Agile team, knowledge with at least one (Jira, Azure, confluence)
- Two or more years of project management experience
- The position will be a Hybrid
- This position is for our direct client, a large federal contractor.
- W2 Only, no 3rd party corp to corp engagement
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.