Human Resources Manager
- 14000 Carlson Pkwy N, Plymouth, MN 55441, USA
Are you a passionate Human Resources professional who is looking to be a valued business partner in an exciting, fast-paced retail chain? Are you someone who thinks outside of the box and has a passion for HR and working with a best in class Human Resources department? If you have answered yes, READ ON!
Since 1985, The Tile Shop has committed itself to inspiring and realizing home decor ideas and creating beauty both indoors and out. We take great pride in our ability to provide an agile and supportive team environment focused on evolving our ever-growing business needs. Our people thrive because they want to make a difference and are passionate and committed to bringing big ideas to life!
This position will lead and direct routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including onboarding, benefits, worker’s compensation, leave of absence, and employee relations as well as effectively enforcing company policies and practices.
- Interviews, hires and trains new direct reports.
- Oversees the daily workflow of direct reports.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of direct reports in accordance with company policy.
- Manage the onboarding process for new hires to be timely, effective, compliant, and welcoming to new employees.
- Maintain the benefits programs and set up within the HRIS software as well as required documents.
- Primary support for the annual benefits enrollment including communication, creation of documentation, set-up with HRIS, as well as thorough auditing and testing.
- Lead worker’s compensation for thorough management, follow through, follow up, and metrics to support the program.
- Maintain consistent procedures with team members as well as documentation of all procedures.
- Oversee all leave of absences for compliance, documentation, benefits, and appropriate communication.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives in partnership with HR management aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Partner in employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues while having consistent, thorough investigations, and proper documentation as well as compliance.
- Provide support, guidance, and oversight for terminations as well as disciplinary actions of employees.
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Report and provide decision support through HR metrics to manager.
- Ensure legal compliance.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system.
- Provides support, guidance, training, and development to direct reports where applicable, other team members.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Uphold timely responses to employee inquires and that all inquiries are addressed.
- System Admin within HRIS platform while closely communicating any probable changes to HR management.
- Partnership and thorough communication with HR management.
- Act as a back-up for direct reports as well as cross training where applicable within the team.
- Act as a back-up to other processes in the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent attention to detail and data entry accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Experience with Adobe Pro.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field or experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of human resource management experience.
- Experience with UKG Pro, preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS systems.
- Experience in multi-state employer(s).
- Ability to work with confidential information is essential.
At The Tile Shop, we are committed to developing the WHOLE you, not just the WORK you. Our benefits program is our investment in you as an important contributor to our success, and we are proud of our highly competitive package.
- Competitive Pay
- Individual Career Growth Opportunities
- Competitive & Comprehensive Benefit Package
- HSA Employer Contributions
- 401(k) Plan with employer matching
- Paid Time Off
- Team Focused Work Environment
The Tile Shop is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer without regards to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital or veteran status.
The Tile Shop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.