- 8515 Brown St, Ottawa Lake, MI 49267, USA
The Tile Shop Distribution Center is now hiring for a Material Handler to work in their Receiving department. Receiving is responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing material, tools, equipment and products while maintaining a clean, neat, safe and orderly work area. He/She must also have the ability to manually move and lift 50 lbs regularly and frequently up to and over 100 lbs and work scheduled shift.
- Use wireless RF device or desktop computer to perform all Bar Code functions, including but not limited to the following: receive purchase and transfer orders, print pallet and box labels, put away functions and inventory lookup and transactions.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Process incoming freight in a timely manner.
- Inspect product to insure quality standards are met.
- Accurately apply labels to items and pallets.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Properly complete paperwork.
- Move materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Lift, move, sort and/or place materials or items on racks, shelves, in bins or on pallets.
- Ensure complete accuracy of inventory at all times.
- Proper use of equipment, including but not limited to the following: sit-down forklift, order picker, reach truck, 2-wheeled cart and pallet jack.
- Inspect equipment to maintain good working order.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized working environment including wearing safety equipment (steel toed shoes, etc.) as required.
- Participate in cycle counting program as needed.
- Work in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Strong work ethic.
- Forklift, reach truck, and order picker certification or willing to be certified.
- Basic organizational, mathematical, and computer skills.
- Knowledge of proper safety measures.
- Ability to manually move and lift 50 lbs regularly and frequently up to and over 100 lbs.
- Ability to work at varying heights.
- Ability to stand frequently as well as the ability to walk, sit, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
At The Tile Shop, we are committed to developing the WHOLE you, not just the WORK you. Our benefits program is our investment in you as an important contributor to our success, and we are proud of our highly competitive package.
- Competitive Pay with Unlimited Earning Potential
- Individual Career Growth Opportunities & Excellent Training
- Competitive & Comprehensive Benefit Package
- HSA Employer Contributions
- 401(k) Plan with employer matching
- Team Focused Work Environment
The Tile Shop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.