Medication Technician - FT/PT Swing Shift or PT NOC Shift
- Community: The Springs at Sherwood
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Explore the unexpected and work in senior living! Pursue your passions, build relationships, and find deeper meaning in your career. At The Springs Living, there are many ways to positively impact your life and the lives of seniors. Here, you'll find a job with purpose and know that your work makes a difference.
Our Health Services team is looking for a few very special people to join our team.
ARE YOU THE ONE WE ARE LOOKING FOR ?
· Join us in our passion to do meaningful work as we make a difference in people’s lives. We share a desire to serve others and to make someone’s life a little better whenever we can.
· See past appearances to meet the vibrant, beautiful souls that live here.
· Become an important part of someone’s life for weeks, months… or even years. Be that loyal and trusted caretaker that makes a resident’s day whenever you are here.
· Enjoy their stories from the past and share your experiences with them. Smile. Laugh. Play. Hold hands. Hug. Make that human contact that we all need.
· Be part of a supportive and friendly team of Health care professionals that will make your time here more than just another “job”. If you are a genuine and caring person, you will find your people here.
The Springs at Sherwood is hiring happy people with compassionate hearts to provide exceptional care for our residents. Come and see why our employees love working here!
The Springs at Sherwood offers competitive wages and a great environment for teamwork. Full time employees are offered a generous benefit package after 90 days of employment. All employees have access to Health Express: a live, on-demand doctor visits on your smartphone, tablet or computer. Safe, secure and confidential at no cost to you!
The role of the Medication Technician are as follows
- Administers or assists residents to administer medications and treatments;
- Measures vital signs and weight; and performs other health services tasks as directed by your RN.
- Communicates with physicians, implementing physician orders, and reporting and documenting pertinent information.
- Works closely with home health, hospice, and pharmacy services
Full-time schedules follow a “4 on 2 off” rotation. Part-time "2 on 4 off".
Excellent attendance is a must! Balancing our home lives and work lives is very important, so we must honor our commitment to be here when we promise – for our residents and for each other.
- 18 years of age
- Previous experience as a caregiver preferred
- Prior experience with Medication Administration
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to pass criminal background and pre-employment drug test
- Genuine love for seniors and a willingness to learn
- Great Places to Work Certified - Fortune Best Workplaces for Aging Services™
- Generous benefit package after 90 days of employment including medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- 401K with annual matching available
- Annual student scholarships for staff or their family members
- Health Express – free virtual doctor visits for employees and their family (no insurance required)
- Discounted meals
- Employee Assistance Program
- Gym Access
- Career coaching and growth opportunities
- Supportive and caring work environment
- Compensation based on experience
We are in compliance with the State of Oregon's requirement that all workers in a healthcare setting be fully vaccinated. Religious and medical exceptions will be recognized within the terms of the rule.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.