- Community: The Springs at Carman Oaks
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living - a certified Great Place to Work.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. In order to accomplish that goal, we strive to change the way people work in senior living.
***Go to www.thespringsliving.com to learn more about our story, culture and values***
The Springs at Carman Oaks seeks a Sous Chef with the perfect blend of personal warmth and professional cooking skills for our full service kitchen. In our effort to provide dynamic and excellent customer service to our residents and families, we recognize that high quality food and dining service is a priority. The Sous Chef is responsible to work hand in hand with our Executive Chef to support the dining team in a professional manner, as well as set a superior example in culinary skills.
The right candidate has serious commitment to flavorful food and plate presentation, as well as being timely and efficient, and is open minded, personable and accountable. A background in nutrition and special diets is extremely beneficial. We offer a beautiful work environment, dedicated co-workers, a set schedule and a solid career opportunity. We are looking for candidates that can contribute a strong work ethic, commitment to excellence in resident and guest service, with an eye for quality and innovation!
- Prior culinary experience working in a professional kitchen
- Love for seniors and willingness to learn
- Holds current Food Handler's permit
All prospective employees will be subject to successfully passing a pre-employment drug screen and background check. A positive pre-employment result for THC may be allowed in states where medical or recreational use of marijuana is legal.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The Springs Living offers competitive wages with amazing benefits!
- Great Places to Work Certified - Fortune Best Workplaces for Aging Services™ 2021
- FREE chiropractor and massage visits in the community
- Generous benefit package after 90 days of employment including medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- Annual student scholarships for staff or their family members
- 401K with annual matching available
- Health Express – free virtual doctor visits for employees and their family (no insurance required)
- New Direction Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Career coaching and growth opportunities - prioritizes career growth and promotes from within
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. #SCO
We are in compliance with the State of Oregon's requirement that all workers in a healthcare setting be fully vaccinated. Religious and medical exceptions will be recognized within the terms of the rule.