Memory Care Coordinator - The Springs at Missoula
- 3710 American Way, Missoula, MT 59808, USA
- Community: The Springs at Missoula
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. We’ve taken the time and care, to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. All of our communities offer warm and inviting environments that enhance peoples' lives, and offer quality services and genuine solutions for seniors.
The Springs Living at Missoula, a premier retirement community a resident services coordinator for our assisted living and dementia community.
This position is ideal for a professional with a blended experience in the medical arena and social work with seniors and is responsible for oversight of our assisted living/dementia care community.
Responsibilities include oversight of our program, service planning and building relationships with our residents and families, as well as training, supporting, and managing our caregivers and med techs. This is a salaried, management position that is part of the health services leadership team. The Memory Care Coordinator will be trained in medication technician job duties and will be required to assist with caregiving functions. This position will begin with med aid and caregiving duties for the first 8 weeks before moving into other responsibilities. The coordinator also helps fill in shifts when people call out and may be need to help on NOC shift from time to time. We would like the coordinator to work Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday - Thursday. Candidates must have a minimum of two years experience as a caregiver, medication technician, or LPN and experience in a memory care setting.
Examples of other duties:
- Serves as primary point of contact for residents or resident families regarding resident care.
- Assists with monitoring alert charting, especially to assure initiation per The Springs Living policy and completion on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Monitors Communication Log, assuring health services employees are informed of changes and enters pertinent information as necessary.
- Advises health services employees concerning resident issues and directs employees to notify RN/LPN and or Health Services Administrator as necessary.
- Assures health services employees offer services according to service plans.
- Attends the initial resident service plan assessment with Director of Health Services. Documents can plan findings and enters into Yardi system to generate resident care tasks and care plan.
- Schedules and sends resident care plan reminders to resident or resident families.
- Conducts service plan review meetings (after initial) and makes changes accordingly. Care plan is completed according to recommended agenda. Necessary pre-work is to be completed to ensure that a comprehensive and successful care plan occurs.
- Creates new resident chart and assures is updated, organized and purged according to The Springs Living policy.
- Update resident acuity report.
- Schedules physician and other health-related appointments for residents and arrange transportation as needed.
- Assists Director of Health Services or LPN in reviewing physician orders quarterly; assures orders sent to physician and returned.
- Completes monthly work schedule utilizing Shift Planning for all health services employees and alters as necessary during the month.
- 3-5 years experience as a caregiver or medication technician serving seniors with dementia or assisted living residents
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, residents, employees, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret charting standards, physician orders, or administrative regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
- Health services regulations knowledge
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, electronic, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Proficient PC skills including e-mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.