Cook - The Springs at Happy Valley
- 13160 SE 172nd Ave, Happy Valley, OR 97086, USA
- Community: The Springs at Happy Valley
Welcome to The Springs at Happy Valley. We are a progressive company looking for a Cook to add to our Team. Our purpose is to change the way people think, feel, and experience senior living. We realize to accomplish that we require an individual who is team-orientated, leans into challenges, and knows how to express empathy and compassion through the meals they create.
We are seeking a dynamic cook who understands the impact that a positive dining experience can have on our resident’s overall happiness. As a cook, you will be responsible for preparing your station and accurately preparing meals to order in a fast-paced environment. We boast a high-end wine list, gourmet food, elegant dining rooms, and a fun and lively pub.
- Cooking from scratch
- Prepare and execute seasonal and regional cuisine
- Demonstrate culinary excellence and kitchen skills
- Empathize and understand our residents have specific needs
- Engage with teammates to work towards the common goal of excellent service
Work a predictable schedule, and with a great team that cares about quality! Our ideal Line Cook possesses the perfect blend of personal warmth and professional cooking skills with cook experience. In our effort to provide dynamic and excellent customer service to our residents and families, we recognize that high-quality food and dining service are the priority. The right candidate has a serious commitment to flavorful food, is timely and efficient, and is open-minded, personable, and accountable. We offer a wonderful work environment, friendly dedicated co-workers, and opportunities for growth!
Starting at $18/hr. Come see why our employees love working here!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Matching 401K for Full-Time employees
- PayActiv provides on-demand instant access to your earned wages
- Paid Vacation
- Earn your Culinary Certificate for free!
- Scholarship Opportunities for employees and their children
- Career Growth
- No Late Nights!
- Leadership Training and Coaching
- Access to Gym and Pool (before and after shifts at no cost to employee)
- FREE access to HEALTH EXPRESS for employees and their household
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- FREE chiropractor/massage visits in the community
- Prior experience with cooking with an emphasis in fine dining
- Love for seniors, and passion for quality service
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to pass a drug test and criminal background check
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.