Memory Care Coordinator
- 1001 River Lakes Pkwy, Whitefish, MT 59937, USA
- Community: The Springs at Whitefish
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. We’ve taken the time and care, to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. All of our communities offer warm and inviting environments that enhance people's lives and offer quality services and genuine solutions for seniors.
The Memory Care Coordinator functions as the main point of contact for residents, families, and staff in regard to their care needs. The MCC must be an excellent communicator as they need to ensure all parties are appropriately informed. In this position, you will work closely with the community RN to ensure the accuracy of care for our treasured memory care residents.
Responsibilities include oversight of our memory care program, service planning with our residents and families, collaborating with our life enrichment team planning and executing our activity program for Memory Care, and training and supporting our team caregiver and med techs. These duties also include monitoring alert charting and communication logs completed by caregivers and med techs, assuring Health Services employees are properly informed of changes in care, communicating with residents' physicians, and assisting with coordinating healthcare appointments for those we serve.
- Experience working in senior living or healthcare setting - experiences as a caregiver, med tech, or care coordinator preferred
- Sincere appreciation for elders and a special place in your heart for memory care
- Experience in a leadership role with emphasis on teambuilding and strong interpersonal connections
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, residents, and employees
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret charting standards, physician orders, or administrative regulations
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments to team members
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Proficient PC skills including e-mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, etc.