Passionate and Caring Cooks Wanted! Seeking Cook or Sous Chef
- 1201 W 10th St, The Dalles, OR 97058, USA
- Community: The Springs at Mill Creek
Our mission is to change the way people think, feel, and experience senior living which starts with changing the way people work in senior living. To accomplish this, we prioritize quality to enhance peoples' lives – not only in our services and housing options for independent living, assisted living, and memory care, but also as an employer.
We’re looking for people who are authentic and have warmth in how they approach and care for people. If you share these values with us, you’d likely get along well on Team Springs where we make friends out of co-workers as we grow together.
The Springs at Mill Creek seeks a Cook or Sous Chef with the perfect blend of personal warmth and professional cooking skills for our full service kitchen. In our effort to provide dynamic and excellent customer service to our residents and families, we recognize that high quality food and dining service is a priority. The Sous Chef is responsible to work hand in hand with our Executive Chef to support the dining team in a professional manner, as well as set a superior example in culinary skills.
- Prepare and execute seasonal and regional cuisine
- Cooking from scratch
- Engage with teammates to work towards the common goal of excellent service
The right candidate has serious commitment to flavorful food and plate presentation, as well as being timely and efficient, and is open minded, personable and accountable. A background in nutrition and special diets is extremely beneficial. We offer a beautiful work environment, dedicated co-workers, a set schedule and a solid career opportunity.
- Ability to pass a drug test and criminal background check
- Love for seniors and willingness to learn
Come see why our employees love working here! The Springs offers to each employee:
- Great Places to Work Certified - Fortune Best Workplaces for Aging Services™ 2020
- Generous benefit package after 90 days of employment including medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- 401K with annual matching available
- Annual student scholarships for staff or their family members
- Health Express – free virtual doctor visits for employees and their family (no insurance required)
- Healthy discounted meals
- New Direction Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Career coaching and growth opportunities
We are in compliance with the State of Oregon's requirement that all workers in a healthcare setting be fully vaccinated. Religious and medical exceptions will be recognized within the terms of the rule.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. #SMC