Medication Technician - Seeking future nurses
- 15677 SW Oregon St, Sherwood, OR 97140, USA
- Community: The Springs at Sherwood
When our founder couldn’t find senior housing options for his grandmother that he felt were dignified, warm, and homey, he decided to build such a community for her. From that promise, The Springs Living was started in 1996 with one community in Salem, Oregon. Today, the company has 17 unique communities across Oregon and Montana that feel like home for seniors and their families.
Our mission is to change the way people think, feel, and experience senior living which starts with changing the way people work in senior living. To accomplish this, we prioritize quality to enhance peoples' lives – not only in our services and housing options for independent living, assisted living, and memory care, but also as an employer.
We’re looking for people who are authentic and have warmth in how they approach and care for people. If you share these values with us, you’d likely get along well on Team Springs where we make friends out of co-workers as we grow together.
Are you working towards a career in nursing or other health professions?
Get hands on experience for your future career while getting paid! No CNA/CMA required in this setting to start learning!
- Administration of medications including being delegated to administer insulin
- Learn how to read and process doctors orders
- Training for wound care from a career RN with special wound care certification
Medication Technician Role & Responsibilities
Med Techs, at their core, are caregivers (a special and highly-respected type of healthcare hero that cares for seniors) who grew to enjoy and desire added responsibilities such as:
- supporting and advocating for residents in a more medicinal capacity
- leading and coaching caregivers
- diligently processing paperwork and administering meds/treatments
$1000 sign on bonus for full time med techs after a 4 month introductory period
Interested and ready? Apply now and we can chat about any questions you have, as well as the many opportunities, perks and benefits available to our teammates (and maybe you someday!)
- Wouldn’t it be nice to be consistently proud and appreciated based on your contributions at work?
- Are you looking for a way to get into or strengthen your experience in healthcare?
- Additionally, would you like to strengthen not only your job skills but your personal character?
- Would you like to do that in an inviting, fun and inspirational atmosphere?
- Are you looking for a manager/company that actually values employees, and shows it by listening, respecting, celebrating, guiding and providing growth opportunities for them?
If you answered "Yes" to any or all of these questions, your brightest future may be here at The Springs at Sherwood - apply now to join the team and experience the difference that is The Springs culture.
- 18 years of age
- Prior experience with Medication Administration or Caregiving in a senior living community
- Ability to pass criminal background and pre-employment drug test. A positive pre-employment result for THC may be allowed in states where medical or recreational use of marijuana is legal.
- Genuine love for seniors and a willingness to learn
Come see why our employees love working here! The Springs offers to each employee:
- Great Places to Work Certified - Fortune Best Workplaces for Aging Services™ 2020
- FREE chiropractor and massage visits in the community
- Generous benefit package after 90 days of employment including medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance
- Annual student scholarships for staff or their family members
- 401K with annual matching available
- Health Express – free virtual doctor visits for employees and their family (no insurance required)
- New Direction Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Career coaching and growth opportunities - prioritizes career growth and promotes from within
- Gym access - private access for residents and staff