- 3330 SE Three Mile Lane, McMinnville, OR, United States
- Community: Home Office
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. We’ve taken the time and care to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. All of our communities offer warm and inviting environments that enhance peoples' lives, and offer quality services and genuine solutions for seniors.
Are you self-motivated and looking for a challenging and fulfilling position on a dynamic team? Then look no further!
The Springs Living is seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented person to join our Accounting Team in the position of Construction Accountant. This is a team that genuinely cares about each other. We are not only committed to working hard, but we enjoy ourselves while doing it!
The construction accountant is responsible for ensuring that the costs of all construction and capital spending projects are recorded and tracked accurately and timely, closing projects to assets or expense according to GAAP guidelines, and providing relevant reporting to project managers and senior management. This position requires considerable knowledge of accounting principles and job cost accounting functions, as it is responsible for general ledger, job cost, and related accounts payable transactions. This position works very closely with the Development Team, accounts payable and general accounting.
This is an in-office position with the opportunity to work remotely one day a week after the initial training period.
The primary purposes of this position are:
- Manage the "job cost" accounting process from beginning to end. This includes, but is not limited to, setting up jobs in our job cost system (Yardi), inputting and updating budget, overseeing accounts payable processing, and job closeout.
- Coordinate and assemble draw packages for jobs to fund job expenditures.
- Provide financial information and guidance to project managers and the development team regarding jobs and any cost variances.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain the job cost accounting system, including chart of cost categories based on the CSI Master Format.
- Set-up jobs as required to track construction and capex projects, including entering corresponding contract and budget information.
- Update job budgets with revisions and contingency usage.
- Process final approval of vendor/subcontractor invoices, providing support to Construction AP and Project Managers, to ensure timely approval, accurate coding, and adherence to established budgets or pro formas.
- Support the development and capex teams in the purchase order process, including final approving and issuing purchase orders to vendors.
- Prepare construction draws and compile detailed supporting documentation for CFO approval.
- Provide assistance to Lenders/Investors with any questions or additional information required for draw approval.
- Monitor open construction payables to ensure timely payment, in conjunction with receipt of draw funds, if applicable.
- Act as a liaison between the Development and Accounting departments, fostering a positive team environment.
- Attend weekly Development meetings and provide summary to supervisor and Controller.
- Communicate routinely with Project Managers on a variety of job-related topics including costs to date, remaining budget, and project completion.
- Provide and analyze job cost and budgeting data and reports.
- Develop and maintain efficient processes that meet the needs of both the Accounting and Development departments, aiding the flow of information to all parties.
- Participate in defining and documenting policies as part of the company’s Continuous Improvement Process.
- Capitalize project assets timely and within GAAP guidelines, proactively coordinating with Project Managers.
- Maintain organized and current project files.
- Ensure supervisor is regularly and promptly informed of work status and any issues for which guidance is necessary.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience, including specific experience in construction accounting.
- Knowledge and application of accounting principles and functions (e.g. debits, credits, journal entries, CIP, asset capitalization and depreciation).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of the organization, and from project funding source representatives.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
- Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines, by utilizing strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with Job Cost Accounting Software, preferably with Yardi Construction.
- Proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook applications.
- Ability to interpret and process detail data from multiple systems/sources.
- Demonstrated advanced problem solving, analysis and critical thinking skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.