Accounts Receivable Specialist
- 3330 SE Three Mile Lane, McMinnville, OR 97128, USA
- Community: Home Office
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. We’ve taken the time and care to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. All of our communities offer warm and inviting environments that enhance peoples' lives, and offer quality services and genuine solutions for seniors.
Are you self-motivated and looking for a challenging and fulfilling position on a dynamic team? Then look no further!
The Springs Living is seeking a detail-oriented person to join our Accounting team in the position of Accounts Receivable Specialist. This is a team that genuinely cares about one another and about the quality of our work. We not only commit to working hard, but we enjoy ourselves while doing it.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Ensure the timely and accurate billing and collection of rent and other services from our residents.
- Audit Medicaid billing for both private and state pay.
- Provide guidance and training to the business office managers at our senior housing communities in our accounts receivable system and with the application of The Springs Living policies and procedures.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Audits AR functions in a senior housing environment, including, but not limited to, move-ins, move-outs, unit transfers, level of care updates, miscellaneous charges and credits, monthly invoicing, cash receipts, resident refunds, and collections.
- Oversees the resident pre-bill and invoice cycle.
- Manages customer ACH payment cycle, from enrollment to monthly submission of file to financial institutions.
- Creates monthly private pay and State Medicaid charges for senior housing entities.
- Audits Medicaid billing for both private and state pay, and communicates with case managers and senior housing community regarding discrepancies, maintaining organized, neat and current resident Medicaid documentation.
- Monitors resident billing information for adherence with established practices.
- Provides support to communities regarding billing and aging issues, and established AR policies and procedures.
- Perform monthly analysis of community AR agings to aid in identifying potential issues or areas of concern.
- Acts as a systems resource for accounts receivable processes and procedures.
- Maintains professional relationships with residents, community staff, and other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, including accounts receivable
- Associates degree in business or accounting preferred
- Knowledge of business practices and basic accounting principles
- Senior Housing experience preferred
- Extremely strong customer service skills
- Acute attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy
- Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines by utilizing strong organization and time management skills
- Effective communication skills required, including verbal, written, and active listening. This includes communication with residents and their families, as well as with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of Medicaid assistance programs preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook applications
- Experience and proficiency with accounting systems. Experience with Yardi Voyager a plus
- Demonstrated advanced problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot both independently and cooperatively as a team member
- Ability to work under pressure, exercising good judgment with a great attitude.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.