Medication Technician- Evening and NOC Shift
- 3710 American Way, Missoula, MT 59808, USA
- Community: The Springs at Missoula
Welcome to the Next Generation in Senior Living: The Springs Living
Our purpose at The Springs Living is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior living. We’ve taken the time and care to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. We offer warm and inviting environments that enhance peoples' lives, and offer quality services and thoughtful support for seniors.
BE THE DIFFERENCE!
The Springs at Missoula is hiring happy people with compassionate hearts to provide exceptional care for our residents.
Come see why our employees love working here! The Springs at Missoula offers competitive wages and a great environment for teamwork. Full time employees are offered a generous benefit package after 90 days of employment that includes medical, dental, vision and a 401K plan. All employees have access to Health Express: a live, on-demand doctor visits via your smartphone, tablet or computer. Safe, secure and confidential at no cost to you!
Job Responsibilities include:
- Administers or assists residents to self administer medications, including oral; sublingual; buccal; topical eye; topical ear; topical nasal; inhaler; nebulizer; topical vaginal; topical rectal; subcutaneous injections (RN delegated task for Medication Technicians); and intramuscular injections (LPNs only) (B-12 only in Montana).
- Administers or assists residents to self administer treatments (if complex, RN delegated task for Medication Assistants).
- Measures vital signs and weight.
- Collects, stores, and assures transport of specimens for laboratory studies.
- Adheres to specified medication room systems (e.g. completing controlled substances count at end of each shift and documentation procedures).
- Communicates with physicians, via fax, visit form and telephone.
- Implements physician orders.
- Documents pertinent information in resident charts and in other specified locations (e.g., alert charting and incident reports).
- Reads Communication Log and Shift Report at beginning of each shift, enters pertinent information in Communication Log and Shift Report by end of each shift.
- Assists in development and revision of Service Plans by informing supervisor of current resident needs and preferences as well as successful service approaches.
- Observes for and reports resident problems and reports such problems to supervisor.
In addition to complete on-the-job training, The Springs offers (at no charge to employee):
- Accredited trainings: CPR, AED, First Aid and Foodhandler’s
- Awesome e-learning opportunities
- Perkspot discount program
- New Directions Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness (TrainingPeaks) and Career Coaching available
- State Approved Dementia Care Curriculum
AL & MC regulations knowledge and Caregiving experience preferred
Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, electronic, or schedule form.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The Springs is a growing company with a strong culture built on doing the right thing. To find out more about The Springs Living, please visit our website: www.thespringsliving.com.