Accounts Payable Specialist
- 3330 SE Three Mile Lane, McMinnville, OR, United States
- Community: Home Office
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. We’ve taken the time and care to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. All of our communities offer warm and inviting environments that enhance people's lives, and offer quality services and genuine solutions for seniors.
Are you self-motivated and looking for a challenging and fulfilling position on a dynamic team? Then look no further!
The Springs Living is seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented person to join our Accounting Team in the position of Accounts Payable Specialist. This is a team that genuinely cares about each other. We are not only committed to working hard, but we enjoy ourselves while doing it!
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the full cycle of accounts payable functions and system monitoring to ensure company financial policies, procedures, and controls are in place, and that vendors are paid timely and accurately. This includes high volume processing (3000+ invoices per month) for multiple Senior Housing communities in a paperless environment.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Uploads invoices to electronic accounts payable system and assigns workflows for approval
- Monitors invoices within the workflows for timely approvals
- Reviews approved invoices for proper coding and posts to GL
- Processes monthly recurring payables
- Issues checks for approved payables according to schedule
- Records electronic payment of invoices for specific vendors
- Reconciles system data to vendor statements monthly to ensure all invoices are accounted for
- Completes credit applications for new vendor accounts as requested
- Provides excellent customer service to vendors, community personnel, and other team members by researching and resolving inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Performs month end closing duties
- Performs quarterly and annual audits of vendor data for 1099 issuance
- Documents, updates, and adds efficiencies to policies and procedures
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, including accounts payable processing
- Senior Housing experience preferred
- Knowledge of Yardi Voyager and PayScan Systems a plus
- Self-motivated and enjoys a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Takes personal accountability for a high level of performance
- Acute attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to excel at task switching and adapting to quickly-changing priorities
- Thorough understanding of accounts payable cycle, including month end closing procedures and impact of AP on financial statements
- Must be a flexible team member and display initiative
- Ability and willingness to adapt in a dynamic and growing business environment
- Maintain a high degree of ethics and professionalism
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with intermediate Excel skills and experience with Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as active listening
- Familiarity with 1099 guidelines and issuance
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.