Lead Transportation Driver - The Springs at Carman Oaks
- 3800 Carman Dr, Lake Oswego, OR 97035, USA
- Community: The Springs at Carman Oaks
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. We’ve taken the time and care, to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. All of our communities offer warm and inviting environments that enhance peoples' lives, and offer quality services and genuine solutions for seniors.
The Springs at Carman Oaks seeks a Transportation Lead with the perfect blend of personal warmth and technical skills. Our ideal candidate is friendly, observant, flexible, patient, organized and helpful.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee all planning and implementation of the transportation schedule.
- Communicate with Life Enrichment team regarding scheduled events requiring transportation.
- Schedule drivers and plans/finds coverage for shifts, as needed.
- Drive community vehicles to and from required destinations, safely and according to schedule.
- Assist residents in and out of vehicles safely, as well as escort in and out of buildings.
- Assist and support Plant Operations Director with transportation team performance including on-the-job training, evaluations and coaching for team members.
- Support, coach and train transportation staff in “soft skills” such as communication, problem-solving and interpersonal interactions.
- Support, coach and train transportation staff in “hard skills” such as driving requirements, vehicle maintenance, incident tracking and more.
- Address resident concerns regarding transportation. Communicates any resident concerns and follow up plan to Plant Operations Director.
- Promptly report any concerns regarding safe and proper functioning of bus to the Plant Operations Director.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks between scheduled transportation routes.
- Perform routine safety checks on bus per The Springs Living policy.
- Schedule vehicle repair and ensure quality work is done.
- Maintain and delegate bus cleanliness (interior and exterior).
This is a full-time position.
- Hold current and appropriate driver's license and safe driving record.
- For insurance coverage purposes:
- applicant must be between 25-70 years old.
- no more than one moving violation in the past 3 years
- no chargeable at-fault accident in the past 3 years
- Experience working with Seniors is preferred.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables while also remaining flexible and embracing change.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, electronic or schedule form.
- Experience working with seniors is a plus.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
At The Springs Living benefits are many: access to a state of the art fitness center, pool and hot tub, wellness coaching and personal training, discounted salon and spa services including massage and facials, access to Providence Express Care Virtual with on-demand medical visits free of charge to employees and their family members and a 401K plan.
Additionally, full-time employees are offered a generous benefit package after 90 days of employment including medical, dental, and vision.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Competitive wages with the ability to accrue paid time off
- Supportive and caring work environment
- Work that leaves you feeling proud of your accomplishments
- To find out more about The Springs at Carman Oaks visit: www.teamsprings.com