Life Enrichment Assistant - The Springs at Carman Oaks
- 3800 Carman Dr, Lake Oswego, OR 97035, USA
- Community: The Springs at Carman Oaks
When our founder couldn’t find senior housing options for his grandmother that he felt were dignified, warm, and homey, he decided to build such a community for her. From that promise, The Springs Living was started in 1996 with one community in Salem, Oregon. Today, the company has 17 unique communities across Oregon and Montana that feel like home for seniors and their families.
Our mission is to change the way people think, feel, and experience senior living which starts with changing the way people work in senior living. To accomplish this, we prioritize quality to enhance peoples' lives – not only in our services and housing options for independent living, assisted living, and memory care, but also as an employer.
We’re looking for people who are authentic and have warmth in how they approach and care for people. If you share these values with us, you’d likely get along well on Team Springs where we make friends out of co-workers as we grow together.
Sound good? Read on for more details about this role on Team Springs.
The position and responsibilities you are assuming is as a Life Enrichment Assistant for our community, up to 8 hours on Saturdays and Mondays. Your position is critical to the satisfaction of our residents and to our mission of helping people Live Life to its Fullest. Your responsibilities are to lead and promote activities and opportunities that facilitate socialization, emotional well-being, and fun for our residents.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution a professional monthly activity calendar.
- Informs residents of daily activities with flyers, announcements, postings, etc.
- Assist with the tasteful decoration of community routinely as well as for special events, holidays, and seasons.
- Lead activities and effectively encourage residents to attend activities.
- Assure that activities are offered as scheduled or, if cancelled, that appropriate alternatives are offered.
- Facilitate socialization among residents.
Part Time Position: Saturday, Sunday, Monday 9:00am-3:30pm
· CPR and First Aid qualified. (Can be learned on the job)
· AL & MC regulations knowledge.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, residents, employees, and the general public.
· Proficient PC skills including e-mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, electronic, or schedule form.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
· Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
Come see why our employees love working here! The Springs at Carman Oaks offers competitive wages and a great team environment. Full time employees are offered a generous benefit package after 90 days of employment that includes medical, dental and vision as well as supplemental insurance options. All employees have access to a company 401K, Health Express and ETO.
In addition to complete on-the-job-training, the Springs offers to each employee:
- Healthy discounted meals
- Many e-learning opportunities
- Perkspot discount program
- New Direction Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness (TrainingPeaks) and career coaching available
- Gym & pool access for use before/after your scheduled shift
- Salon services/massage discounts in house
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.