Health & Fitness Coordinator
- 15677 SW Oregon St, Sherwood, OR 97140, USA
- Community: The Springs at Sherwood
Welcome to the Next Generation in Senior Living: The Springs Living
When our founder couldn’t find senior housing options for his grandmother that he felt were dignified, warm, and homey, he decided to build such a community for her. From that promise, The Springs Living was started in 1996 with one community in Salem, Oregon. Today, the company has 17 unique communities across Oregon and Montana that feel like home for seniors and their families.
Our mission is to change the way people think, feel, and experience senior living which starts with changing the way people work in senior living. To accomplish this, we prioritize quality to enhance peoples' lives – not only in our services and housing options for independent living, assisted living, and memory care, but also as an employer.
We’re looking for people who are authentic and have warmth in how they approach and care for people. If you share these values with us, you’d likely get along well on Team Springs where we make friends out of co-workers as we grow together.
The Springs at Sherwood is looking to hire a creative, energetic professional with a passion for senior fitness! Our Health & Fitness Coordinator should be self-directed and resourceful.
Interested candidates should display an attention to detail, effective time management, and leadership abilities to manage projects with a high level of integrity while contributing to a team environment.
You will be working with our Life Enrichment Director to create an invigorating fitness program for our residents in Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care. This position will be key in the rolling out of new high technology equipment and training residents to use it, as well as coordinating and planning fitness and wellness activities such as exercise classes, personal training, wellness weeks and special events with the Life Enrichment Team.
- Personal training certification required (preferred from ACE or ACSM). Recertification maintained
- Previous experience in personal training in group and individual setting, ideally with senior population.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Proficient PC skills including e-mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Experience building clientele and programming, ideally for senior population
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.