Lead Accounts Payable Specialist
- 401 NE Evans St, McMinnville, OR 97128, USA
- Community: Home Office
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. We’ve taken the time and care to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. All of our communities offer warm and inviting environments that enhance peoples' lives, and offer quality services and genuine solutions for seniors.
Are you self-motivated and looking for a challenging and fulfilling position on a dynamic team? Then look no further!
The Springs Living is seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented person to join our Accounting Team in the position of Lead Accounts Payable Specialist. This is a team that genuinely cares about each other. We are not only committed to working hard, but to doing it in a fun, positive and respectful environment!
The Lead Accounts Payable Specialist acts as a mentor to the A/P specialists and community managers, providing training and guidance to ensure vendor invoices are processed and paid accurately and timely. This position requires considerable knowledge of, and experience in, accounts payable processing, and advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills. It works closely with the other members of the accounting team.
The primary purposes of this position are:
- Ensure vendors are paid accurately and timely.
- Mentor to the Accounts Payable Specialists and Community Managers, providing training and guidance.
- Document and update accounts payable policies, procedures, and training materials, while proactively reviewing for process and system efficiencies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Have an intimate knowledge and understanding of the various systems & websites involved with the AP functions, acting as the expert and go-to person for training and questions.
- Perform all aspects of accounts payable for training purposes and as a back-up for the team as needed
- Understand how the payables software and transactions interface with the general ledger in order to provide problem solving for reconciling issues.
- Perform audits of invoice processing for adherence with established policies and procedures, per a schedule agreed upon with supervisor.
- Process 1099’s at year-end, completing audits of vendor data throughout the year to ensure timely processing of the 1099’s.
- Provide guidance and training to A/P Specialists and Community Managers on processing AP functions including, but not limited to, entering invoices, invoice workflows, approving and posting invoices, check runs, voiding checks/payables, Key2Purchase and other credit card processing, W-9 and insurance certificate processing.
- Support the education and training of A/P Specialists by providing verbal and/or written instruction related to established AP business practices.
- Document A/P policies, procedures and training materials, ensuring they are current and comprehensive.
- Proactively review procedures and systems to add efficiencies.
- Perform monthly analysis of AP aging for all communities to aid in identifying potential issues or areas of concern and presenting results to the Controller and your supervisor.
- Assist the Yardi Administrator with accounts payable related items, including creating and assigning payable workflows and upgrade testing.
- Ensure your supervisor is regularly informed of any significant problems/issues for which guidance is necessary.
- Maintain professional relationships with residents, community staff, and other team members.
- Completes projects as assigned.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, including extensive accounts payable processing
- Associates degree in accounting or accounting coursework preferred
- Knowledge of business processes and accounting principles
- In depth understanding of accounts payable cycle, including month end closing procedures and impact of accounts payable on the general ledger and financial statements
- Ability to effectively respond to questions from community, accounting staff, and vendors
- Acute attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and complete assignments timely
- Experience and proficiency with accounting and accounts payable systems.
- Proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook applications
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Experience with 1099 guidelines and issuance
- Experience with continuous improvement and documentation of policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with team members, peers, and management
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.