Resident Service Coordinator in Training
- 1950 NE 102nd Ave, Hillsboro, OR 97006, USA
- Community: The Springs at Tanasbourne
When our founder couldn’t find senior housing options for his grandmother that he felt were dignified, warm, and homey, he decided to build such a community for her. From that promise, The Springs Living was started in 1996 with one community in Salem, Oregon. Today, the company has 17 unique communities across Oregon and Montana that feel like home for seniors and their families.
Our mission is to change the way people think, feel, and experience senior living which starts with changing the way people work in senior living. To accomplish this, we prioritize quality to enhance peoples' lives – not only in our services and housing options for independent living, assisted living, and memory care, but also as an employer.
We’re looking for people who are authentic and have warmth in how they approach and care for people. If you share these values with us, you’d likely get along well on Team Springs where we make friends out of co-workers as we grow together.
Sound good? Read on for more details about this role on Team Springs.
3 Primary Purposes
- Support for RSC: Assist RSC with daily tasks (care plan updates, Quarterly assessments, incident reports and other duties as assigned).
- Training and Development: Assist with health services trainings. Serve as a mentor on the floor and begin to learn to coach staff in regards to problem solving, staffing challenges and difficult family situations
- Staffing: Assist Health Services team in regards to staffing challenges. This position requires that you hold onto the staffing phone based on a rotating schedule and assist with finding coverage for open positions and work open shifts as needed.
- High degree of flexibility. You will be required to work the floor (at least 2 shifts a week, if open) and flex your schedule according to staffing demands.
- Completes care plan updates, quarterly assessments and incident reports timely an in compliance with state regulations.
- Create new resident charts and assures is updated, organized and purged according to TSL policy.
- Performs chart audits
- Assists with hiring and recruiting of new staff members
- Assists with development and retention of current staff members
- Upholds TSL AIM values
- Open to learning and engaging with new ideas, practices and systems
- Demonstrates safe working practices at all times
- Listens effectively and provides clear, concise and accurate verbal and written information including all relevant documentation
- Cooperates with others to effectively and efficiently achieve goals and resolve problems
- Maintains a professional image to residents and fellow co-workers, words, actions and appearance
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of our residents and staff at all times
- Adaptable and willing to change in order to ensure success
- Performs other duties as assigned by RN and Health Services Administrator
- Assist in effectively supervising health services employees to assure optimal resident service on a day-to-day basis
- Maintain current CPR/first aid certification
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, residents, employees, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret charting standards, physician orders, or administrative regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignment
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, electronic, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Proficient PC skills including e-mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.