Memory Care Coordinator
- 7600 SW Vlahos Dr, Wilsonville, OR 97070, USA
- Community: The Springs at Wilsonville
Welcome to The Springs Living! Your position is an important part of our mission at TSL. Our purpose is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior living. We want to move the needle, make it better, and make a difference in the lives our or residents, their families and each other. We spend a significant part of our lives in our “job” so let’s make that time count.
- Serves as primary point of contact for residents or resident families regarding resident care.
- Assists with monitoring alert charting, especially to assure initiation per The Springs Living policy and completion on a shift-by-shift basis.
- Monitors Communication Log, assuring health services employees are informed of changes and enters pertinent information as necessary.
- Advises health services employees concerning resident issues and directs employees to notify RN/LPN and or Health Services Administrator as necessary.
- Assures health services employees offer services according to service plans.
- Attends the initial resident service plan assessment with Director of Health Services. Documents can plan findings and enters into Yardi system to generate resident care tasks and care plan.
- Schedules and sends resident care plan reminders to resident or resident families.
- Conducts service plan review meetings (after initial) and makes changes accordingly. Care plan is completed according to recommended agenda. Necessary pre-work is to be completed to ensure that a comprehensive and successful care plan occurs.
- Creates new resident chart and assures is updated, organized and purged according to The Springs Living policy.
- Update resident acuity report.
- Schedules physician and other health-related appointments for residents and arrange transportation as needed.
- Assists Director of Health Services or LPN in reviewing physician orders quarterly; assures orders sent to physician and returned.
- Completes monthly work schedule utilizing Shift Planning for all health services employees and alters as necessary during the month.
- Obtains replacement health services employees in case of absences (if unable to obtain replacement employee, may need to work a shift.
- Must take staffing call at least 10 days per month in conjunction with the Resident Service Coordinator.
16. Perform basic payroll and labor duties, including but not limited to:
Completes payroll for all health services employees (tracks & approves ETO & Vacation requests)
Acquiring payroll-related information for employee files and forwarding to the home office.
Managing time-card/clock procedures utilizing Time Force.
Communication with employees concerning payroll & scheduling related issues.
Submitting all required information to the home office according to due dates.
17. Assures Director of Health Services is regularly informed of community status and particularly of any significant problems for which guidance is necessary in regards to attendance, excessive shift trades, early/late clock-ins, etc.
18. Assists RSC and DHS in the new resident move-in process.
19. Enters all new residents into Quick MAR ensuring new resident is on Alert charting, 7- Day vitals, and monthly vitals are assigned in Quick MAR.
20. Performs six month medication reviews on all residents and ensures all orders received by physicians are signed and current.
21. Performs yearly POLST review coordinating with residents, families, and physician. Ensures POLSTS up-to-date and are placed in each chart and apartment.
22. Supervises all caregivers in memory care conducts performance reviews initial and annual. Assists in counseling employees regarding behavioral issues as needed.
- 3-5 years experience
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, residents, employees, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret charting standards, physician orders, or administrative regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- AL & MC regulations knowledge
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, electronic, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Proficient PC skills including e-mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.