RN - Director of Health Services
- 7600 SW Vlahos Dr, Wilsonville, OR 97070, USA
- Community: The Springs at Wilsonville
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. We’ve taken the time and care, to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. All of our communities offer warm and inviting environments that enhance peoples' lives, and offer quality services and genuine solutions for seniors.
- Performs all responsibilities related to RN delegation of nursing tasks (in states in which RN delegation is utilized).
- Conducts continuing education and training for health services employees and other employees as necessary.
- Assists with initial screening of residents or delegates appropriately.
- Monitors physician orders/laboratory results and assures correct implementation. (ALF)
- Monitors alert charting, especially to assure appropriate employee response to issues and to determine need for RN assessment. (ALF)
- Monitors and addresses consulting pharmacy reports. (ALF)
- Monitors resident incident reports and assists Assistant Director of Health Services as needed with incident report.
- Advises health services employees concerning resident health issues, by telephone if not in facility (carries pager.)
- Assesses residents as necessary, addressing physical, emotional, social, and spiritual issues.
- Assists in development of service plans, assuring health service issues, as well as other service issues that potentially impact upon health, effectively addressed.
- Attends service plan meetings as necessary.
- Assures health services employees adhere to all medication room systems (according to HWDIH Guide for Medication Assistants).
- Addresses issues regarding unavailable medications or treatment supplies, informing Administrator as necessary.
- Performs new month MAR review, assisted by RN or LPN.
- Assures physician orders are reviewed, sent to physician, and returned with physician signatures every six months.
- Assures compliance with all federal and state regulations pertaining to health services.
- Performs all new resident assessments including initial fall risk assessment and mini-mental assessment.
- Performs all medication error investigations and ensure health services employee obtains further training and education to prevent future medication errors.
- Performs all medication aide training.
- Performs skin and weight assessments.
- Performs self-administration medication assessment for all independent residents.
- Reconciles medication lists.
- Ensures residents labs are up to date and performed as needed.
- Counsels medication aides regarding clinical reasons.
· 3-5 years experience
· Maintains current CPR certification
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, residents, employees, and the general public.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret charting standards, physician orders, or administrative regulations
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· AL & MC regulations knowledge
· Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, electronic, or schedule form.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Proficient PC skills including e-mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.