Director of Operations
- 401 NE Evans St, McMinnville, OR 97128, USA
- Community: Home Office
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. We’ve taken the time and care, to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. All of our communities offer warm and inviting environments that enhance peoples' lives, and offer quality services and genuine solutions for seniors.
To change the way people experience senior living, we have to recruit, train, develop and retain the very best community talent. To directly support that goal, we have created the role of Director of Operations. The Director of Operations position (and the regional operations team) will facilitate strong relationships and provide key resources to support our overall community success. This support will allow our community executive directors (and their teams to drive strategic representation and decision-making at a local level.
The Director of Operations oversees a small team of regional operations managers, and will establish overall direction and strategic initiatives for our community operations. This role works closely with other supporting groups to coordinate and direct our operational activities, as well as coordinating policies, objectives, and initiatives.
- Facilitate strong, supportive relationships between The Springs Living community leaders and other internal/external resources
- Drive quality (relationships, work, you/our people) throughout our communities
- Set/execute overarching community operational strategy and initiatives
- Develops company-wide, regional and local strategic business plans, monitoring and directing the implementation
- Influences positive and supportive change at the city, county. state and regional level
- Acts as an effective connection between The Springs Living home office management company and the local, regional community
- Relays quality assurance and brand standard policies/procedures needed by region, from The Springs Living support team
- Recruits and develops effective community executive director and other senior community leaders
- Responsible for evaluating current and proposed systems and procedures and determining and implementing changes as necessary
- Accountable for the company compliance with all state requirements, including performance targets
- Implements key performance indicator tracking to assure that performance meets strategic goals and budget expectations
- Develops and completes monthly, quarterly and annual reports as specified by the President
- Hires, supervises and evaluates the performance of regional operations teams
Develops and oversees communications with relevant resident/family, employee’s vendors, regulators, governmental and other stakeholder advisory groups
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Oversee the capital request and budgeting processes for the communities
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership around decisions which impact the organization
- Implement operational best practices, driving TSL standardized processes, as well as sub-brand/regional efficiencies
- Interact to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analysis, reports, and recommendations
- Lead, coach, develop and manage teams
- Periodic review of key operating systems and reporting systems to ensure efficiency
- Minimum of 8+ years of community-based care experience, within a retirement community (the “10,000 hours”)
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or equivalent business experience and 8+ years of progressively responsible experience for an established company
- Master's degree business administration, or equivalent preferred
- Proven connection to, and ability to uphold, The Springs Living’s primary values
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, residents, employees, and the general public.
- Proficient PC skills including e-mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Strategic thinker and results oriented
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.