Capital Expense Manager
- 3330 NE Three Mile Ln, McMinnville, OR 97128, USA
- Community: Home Office
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior living. We want to move the needle, make it better, and make a difference in the lives of our residents, their families and each other. We spend a significant part of our lives in our “job” so let’s make that time count.
Because our residents deserve the best, you will be held to a high standard for quality and customer service.
The Capex Manager, ensures the effective bid solicitation, construction means, methods, duties, and procedures are carried out according to The Springs Living policy. You will be required to follow maintenance policies, procedures, and requirements for TSL properties and act as a mentor to maintenance directors, housekeeping, transportation, and Capital Expense teams.
Your duties and responsibilities include; protecting the physical assets of the company and communities through pro-active planning and execution of capital expenditure and refurbishment construction projects. You report directly to the Director of Plant Operations.
Primary Purpose Include:
- Identify, document, monitor, and execute Capital Expenditure projects for certain systems, building materials, communities, and TSL properties. This includes building interiors, exteriors, and site amenities. Documentation includes, but is not limited to; a scope document for every project based upon company bid process with clear deliverables and a quality finish.
- Third-party contract acquisition, secure competitive long-term vendor costs, performance, and review for construction projects.
- Ensures community plant operations goals are continuously met through regular evaluation of capital needs and asset management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
2. Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
3. Research best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data and use continuous process improvement disciplines to achieve results
4. Experience negotiating vendor contracts
5. Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary
6. Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget
7. Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding the team accountable for performance
8. Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
1. Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
2. 10+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
3. High level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and Senior Leadership
Travel within the State of Oregon and Montana as required to complete duties and support the successful execution of projects.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.