Resident Relations Manager
- 3710 American Way, Missoula, MT 59808, USA
- Community: The Springs at Missoula
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing.
If you love to work with Seniors and like to collaborate with others to enhance the way our seniors live then this job is for you. Please check out our job descriptions and let us know if you are interested in joining our team.
Welcome new residents to The Springs and introduce them to other residents, serving as their point of contact during their transition period.
Will coordinate the move-in day of all new residents to the community, providing orientation for all new IL residents and families to the policies and procedures of the community and assist them in understanding the services provided in other different areas within The Springs. Will lead regular resident and resident family orientations.
Provide recommendations and information regarding supportive services to help the resident and family deal with the adjustment process related to moving in from greater community or transitioning within levels of service at The Springs.
Act as a liaison between staff and residents regarding conflict, complaints or challenges. Advocate for residents by helping to coordinate resolution with the assistance of the department managers.
Ability to observe residents behavior and proactively communicate observations in a professional and intelligent manner.
Provide resources to residents and families regarding outside providers (In-Home Care, PT/OT, etc.) and ancillary services on an on-going basis.
With the input and assistance of the Health Services Administrator, Sales Lead, and Executive Director, will coordinate all in-house transfers of existing residents. Will lead regularly scheduled transition team meetings.
Make visits (or coordinate another person) to residents who are ill/hospitalized on a regular basis.
Will coordinate the return of The Springs residents who were out of the community for medical reasons by working with the resident, resident’s family, and by initiating contact with discharge planners and providing information on the communities’ services and move-in/admissions policies and procedures. This scope would generally be limited to IL residents only, but may, from time to time also include AL and MC residents.
Networking with medical professionals/care coordinators to ensure ongoing positive relationships and marketing referral sources.
Act as a back-up to Sales/Marketing by providing tours as needed and ensure completion of all necessary move-in/admissions paperwork as needed.
Help facilitate/coordinate programs for resident advocacy by providing education or resources (assistance with voting, resources regarding – estate planning, advance directives, etc.)
· 3-5 years experience in Senior Living or related educational experience.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, residents, employees, and the general public.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret charting standards, physician orders, or administrative regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· AL & MC operations knowledge
· Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, electronic, or schedule form.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Proficient PC skills including e-mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The Springs is a growing company with a strong culture built on doing the right thing. To find out more about The Springs Living, please visit our website: www.thespringsliving.com.