- 1282 Goodpasture Island Rd, Eugene, OR 97401, USA
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. We’ve taken the time and care, to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. All of our communities offer warm and inviting environments that enhance peoples' lives, and offer quality services and genuine solutions for seniors.
WE DON’T SETTLE NOR SHOULD YOU
The Springs Living is seeking a Lead Server/Bartender for our brand new Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care community in Eugene, Oregon. This state of the art, beautifully designed community includes 216 wonderful homes, both apartments and cottages, and include a variety of amenities including restaurant-style dining, a pool and spa, aquaponics gardening, and more.
The position and responsibilities you are assuming is the Lead Bartender for our community. The Lead Bartender is responsible for the overall assurance of an excellent Fancho’s Pub experience for our residents. It is your responsibility to not only promptly and graciously serve our residents, but to train and inspire the Pub and Dining Services team to do the same. Because our residents deserve the best, you are held to a high standard for quality and customer service. You report directly to the Dining Room Supervisor.
- Courteous and professional interactions with residents, families, employees, potential residents/families and outside the community.
- Serves as team leader for Fancho’s Pub and Dining Room staff, offering guidance, support and approach every situation calmly with open ears.
- Coordinate and lead the overall Pub experience for our residents/families and guests.
- Obtain coverage for absences, if unable to obtain coverage, will need to work shift.
- Train and support the pub staff, and dining room staff in the delivery of excellent service.
- Obtain and maintain knowledge of the alcohol we serve and any available option to purchase.
- Coordinate bartender trainings with the Dining Room Supervisor
- Acts as a positive and professional role model for all staff –Fancho’s and Dining Room.
- Greet residents (and visitors) as they enter the pub before taking orders or serving.
- Plan and promote pub activities along with drink specials.
- Serve beverages and meals in a courteous, friendly, helpful, and accurate manner.
- Coordinate special event set up and tear down with the chef, Dining Room Supervisor, event planner and concierge desk.
- Bus pub tables.
- Clean tables and chairs.
- Maintain inventory for liquor, wine, beer and any other products for the pub & place orders as necessary.
- Maintains storage areas in a neat and organized fashion.
- Complete side duties, as necessary to keep pub clean and orderly.
- Serves are a role model for all employees by displaying a responsible, cooperative, and positive attitude at all times.
- Provide ongoing training to all Dining employees on drinks
- Check out employees in the pub and help with dining at the closing of the shift to ensure all servers have completed all side work according to the server manual.
- Performs all cleaning tasks according to cleaning schedule.
- Maintains positive relationships with co-workers.
- Maintains positive relationships with facility, residents, families and community, so that they serve as resources for one another.
- Attends monthly Resident Council meetings.
- Assists with the coordination, set-up, and follow-through with all special events and functions.
- Responds courteously to resident concerns and complaints. Problem solves in a professional manner with the team regarding resident concerns and complaints.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dining Room Supervisor
- Maintains current food handler’s & OLCC certification.
- Maintains ability to lift 50 pounds; to stand or walk throughout the vast majority of work day; and to frequently push, pull, bend, twist and reach.
- Attends all education and training classes, including as necessary to fulfill company expectations.
- Adheres to community dress policy for pub staff.
- Work closely with the Dining Room Supervisor to provide our team with a positive, work friendly environment.
- 18 years of age
- Current food handler’s & OLCC certification
- Love for seniors and willingness to learn
- A pre-hire drug screen and criminal background check are required at time of job offer
- Available nights and weekends
- Reliable Transportation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.