Construction Accounts Payable Specialist
- 401 NE Evans St, McMinnville, OR 97128, USA
- Community: Home Office
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. We’ve taken the time and care to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. All of our communities offer warm and inviting environments that enhance peoples' lives, and offer quality services and genuine solutions for seniors.
Are you self-motivated and looking for a challenging and fulfilling position on a dynamic team? Then look no further!
The Springs Living is seeking a detail-oriented person to join our Accounting team in the position of Construction Accounts Payable Specialist. This is a team that genuinely cares about one another. We not only commit to working hard, but we enjoy ourselves while doing it.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
* Reconciling vendor invoices for our construction projects to contracts and purchase orders, uploading them to an electronic payables workflow system, and ensuring timely Project Manager approvals.
*Assisting with preparation of construction draws and maintenance of project files.
The position requires knowledge of basic accounting principles and job cost accounting functions.
Specific job responsibilities include:
Process vendor/subcontractor invoices, ensuring accuracy of coding and adherence to established policies and processes by utilizing current job and category code lists, open contracts and purchase orders, and established job budgets.
Enter contract data in construction accounting system.
Update contracts with change orders.
Monitor open payables to ensure timely approval.
Assist Construction Accountant with preparation of supporting documentation of construction draws.
Provide system support to users concerning Construction and Accounts Payable systems.
Maintain organized and current project files.
* Associates degree in business or accounting preferred
* 3-5 years accounts payable experience
* Knowledge of basic accounting principles
* Knowledge of job costing principles preferred
* Senior Housing experience preferred
* Knowledge of Yardi Voyager and PayScan Systems a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to respond to questions from all levels of the organization
* Self-motivated, takes personal accountability for a high level of performance, and enjoys a fast-paced, challenging work environment
* Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision
* Demonstrated problem solving skills
* Acute attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy
* Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines, by utilizing strong organizational and time management skills
* Experience and proficiency with accounting systems, specifically accounts payable
* Experience with job costing system preferred
* Must be proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook applications
*Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, electronic, or schedule form
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.