Director of Operations - Oregon
- 401 NE Evans St, McMinnville, OR 97128, USA
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. We’ve taken the time and care, to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. All of our communities offer warm and inviting environments that enhance peoples' lives, and offer quality services and genuine solutions for seniors.
The Springs Living seeks to drive strategic representation and decision-making to local leadership. To that goal, we have created the role of Regional Governor (Regional Director of Operations). The Oregon Regional Governor (Regional Director of Operations) will oversee and collaborate the Oregon region’s overall success.
The Regional Governor (Regional Director of Operations) establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for their region. This role directs The Springs Living Oregon operational activities and oversees policies, objectives, and initiatives for the region. Most importantly, this role supports the great people working in our communities, who make our magic happen!
The Primary purpose and focus areas of this role are:
- Evolve and standardize company operational policies/procedures
- Empower a company culture of continuous improvement through education and involvement
- Address employee key frustrations through understanding and process improvement
- Develops local and regional strategic business plans, monitoring and directing the implementation
- Influences positive and supportive change at the city, county. state and regional level
- Will also be responsible for acting as an effective connection between The Springs Living home office management company and the local, regional community
- Relays quality assurance and brand standard policies/procedures needed by region, from The Springs Living support team
- Recruits and develop effective community executive director and other senior community leaders
- Responsible for evaluating current and proposed systems and procedures and determining and implementing changes as necessary within the region
- Accountable for the region’s compliance with all state requirements, including performance targets
- Implements key performance indicator tracking to assure that performance meets strategic goals and budget expectations
- Develops and completes monthly, quarterly and annual reports as specified by Chief Operations Officer
- Hires, supervises and evaluates the performance of regional administrative staff
- Develops and oversees communications with relevant resident/family, employee’s vendors, regulators, governmental and other stakeholder advisory groups
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes for the region
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership around decisions which impact the organization
- Implement operational best practices, driving TSL standardized processes, as well as regional efficiencies
- Interact to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analysis, reports, and recommendations
- Lead, coach, develop and manage staff
- Periodic review of key operating systems and reporting systems to ensure efficiency
- Minimum of 8+ years of community-based care experience, within a retirement community (the “10,000 hours”)
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or equivalent business experience and 8+ years of progressively responsible experience for an established company
- Master's degree business administration, or equivalent preferred
- Proven connection to, and ability to uphold, The Springs Living’s primary values
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, residents, employees, and the general public
- Proficient PC skills including e-mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Strategic thinker and results oriented
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.