Life Enrichment/ Activity Assistant - Personal Trainer
- 1950 NW 192nd Ave, Hillsboro, OR 97006, USA
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. We’ve taken the time and care, to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. All of our communities offer warm and inviting environments that enhance peoples' lives, and offer quality services and genuine solutions for seniors.
We are looking for a cheerful, optimistic, organized, and motivated person who loves to enrich the lives of seniors. This position is specifically responsible for hosting meaningful and appropriate activities for our residents. Necessary characteristics and skills for this position include: presenting a professional appearance, maintaining confidentiality, excellent verbal communications abilities, high standard of ethics and integrity, and creativity in carrying out community activities.
This position is for an independent worker who will take the lead in encouraging resident participation and have sensitivity to the resident's individual needs, as well as be a team player who loves to collaborate.
In this position you will be assisting our Personal Trainer and these functions may include the following:
- Lead activities and effectively encourage residents to attend activities.
- Assure that activities are offered as scheduled or, if cancelled, that appropriate alternatives are offered.
- Facilitate socialization among residents.
- Oversee and assure assessments of all incoming residents and plan calendar according to needs, preferences, and abilities.
- Provide personal training as scheduled.
We are hiring for a part time position, working Wednesday – Saturday
- Previous experience in senior housing
- Experience coordinating a Health/Fitness/Wellness program preferred but not mandatory.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Valid Driver's License & be willing to drive our 14 passenger bus and or minivan as needed
- Ability to pass a drug test and criminal background check
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.