Life Enrichment Director
- 14404 SE Webster Rd, Milwaukie, OR 97267, USA
Our purpose is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior living. We want to move the needle, make it better, and make a difference in the lives of our residents, their families and each other. We spend a significant part of our lives in our “job” so let’s make that time count.
- Oversee and ensure social history assessments of all incoming residents.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to plan for programming and large events.
- Organize and cooperatively prepare the annual Life Enrichment and Wellness budget.
- Oversee ordering of supplies and equipment necessary to implement Life Enrichment programs.
- Schedule and oversee Life Enrichment department meetings and report, as requested, on activities and events for residents.
- Attend and/or oversee multidisciplinary staff meetings to provide input on the residents’ functional and social needs and healthcare planning (long-term goals, short-term goals, discharge planning).
- Responsible for volunteer policies and program, and serve as supervisor of volunteers.
- Prepare and approve in advance monthly/quarterly planning for special events, field trips, entertainment, and community outreach/involvement programs for the approval of the Executive Director pre-implementation.
- Include, whenever possible, the resident and/or family in planning and participation in programs.
- Plan, coordinate, and assist with tasteful decoration of community routinely as well as for special events, holidays, and seasons.
- Plan and implement events and activities of sufficient variety and at sufficient frequency, including but not limited to physical, intellectual, creative, recreational, social, and spiritual.
- Assures all Life Enrichment staff are consistently educated and trained, including fulfilling any federal and/or state regulations, through new employee orientation and regular education and training classes.
- Obtains replacement activity employees in case of absences; if unable to obtain replacement employee, may need to work shift to assure adequate coverage.
- Coordinate bus scheduled activities in conjunction with other members of the management team, including the Resident Relations Manager and Transportation Coordinator.
· 3-5 years experience
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, residents, employees, and the general public.
· Ability to prioritize, organize, and delegate assignments.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, electronic, or schedule form.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret administrative regulations
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· AL & MC regulations knowledge
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Proficient PC skills including e-mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
This position may require some evenings/weekends depending upon the events planned.