Regional Director of Sales
- 401 NE Evans St, McMinnville, OR 97128, USA
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. We’ve taken the time and care, to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. All of our communities offer warm and inviting environments that enhance peoples' lives, and offer quality services and genuine solutions for seniors.
Because our residents and employees deserve the best, you will be held to a high standard for leadership, quality and employee focus. The Regional Director of Sales (The Springs Living’s Chief Sales Officer) provides leadership, direction, and resource stewardship to the organization’s sales function. As the organization’s senior-most sales leader, the Director of Sales is accountable for overall sales team performance, the achievement of sales team’s goals, and for aligning sales objectives with firm business strategy. This position is responsible for establishing the company sales targets to meet the company objectives. Responsible for developing strategic sales plans, training and analysis, based on company goals, that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization.
- Aligns the sales organization’s objectives with firm business strategy through active ownership of strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting
- Accountable for effective sales organization design, including sales job roles, sales process design, optimal sales force structure and sales training and resource deployment
- Meets assigned targets for sales, occupancy levels, budgeted marketing rates, and other key financial performance objectives
- Leads learning and development initiatives impacting the sales organization, and provides stewardship of sales and sales management talent
- Oversees the effective delivery of sales training and development programs, actively assesses the value of training and development effectiveness, and monitors learning and development outcomes to ensure high ROI
- Partners with the local community executive director to oversee the sales team’s performance management system and processes. Establishing and prioritizing critical performance measures for all sales jobs
- Supports the local executive director to ensure all key sales team members are held accountable for assigned results
- Manages and drives understanding of customer expectations to contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Provides leadership to the sales team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior
- Proactively assesses existing sales organization support investments, including those in technology, training, and administrative support. Ensures support investments yield productivity benefits consistent with established objectives
- Leads sales organization change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational and procedural change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive change
- Supports the Director of Human Resources to design and execute a company sales compensation and incentive plan that encourages active sales team participation to meet or exceed company goals
- Directly conducts annual, in-depth market assessments to understand market-area demographics, key competitors, customer’s desires, opportunities and challenges. Conveys this vital information to executive and community teams
- Maintains and drive key strategic indicators of success, including required marketing leads, close rates, occupancy, sales activity completion, average/maximum vacant unit time and sales networking/outreach
- Influences Director of Marketing, in creating and executing marketing plans to meet company sales goals
- Creative, independent strategic thinker capable of developing sales strategies; and making it a reality
- Genuine approach, focused on developing strong relationships based on The Springs Living company shared values
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management. Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine, and effectively communicate the company’s value propositions to key decision makers
- Exceptionally strong technical skills in planning, forecasting, and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and develop sales personnel
- Successful history of indirect sales team management, influencing positive outcomes without direct management control
- Experience in building the infrastructure required to support significant revenue growth
- Must be tough-minded and able to continually challenge the status quo in a respectful manner in order to help the organization reach the next level of sales performance.
- Successful experience thriving in a fast-moving environment, requiring flexibility and autonomous, self-driven approach
- Ability to travel regionally up to 20%
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, sales and marketing or related field from an accredited institution
- 10+ years of sales and management experience in the senior living industry or related relationship sales industry required
- Senior living sales management experience is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.