Director of Human Resources
- 401 NE Evans St, McMinnville, OR 97128, USA
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. We’ve taken the time and care, to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. All of our communities offer warm and inviting environments that enhance peoples' lives, and offer quality services and genuine solutions for seniors.
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs, monitoring administration to established standards and procedures. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies
- Oversees and manages the work of reporting Human Resources team
- Establishes departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company's strategic goals.
- Encourages the ongoing development of the Human Resources team
- Selects and supervises Human Resources consultants, attorneys, and coordinates company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, benefit administrators, and other outside sources
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep executive team informed of new developments
- Leads the development of department goals, objectives, and systems
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Participates in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- With the CEO and COO, annually plans the company's employee support programs, such as scholarships and Christmas Elf program
Human Resources Information Systems HRIS
- Serves as the company point-of-contact for all HR systems, ensuring a successful and robust company technical platform is in place, in support of our employees
- Manages the development and maintenance of the HR sections of both the Internet, particularly culture, policies and company information; and Intranet sites
Employee Performance Management
- Leads the implementation of the performance management systems that includes annual performance reviews, probationary performance reviews, performance improvement plans and employee terminations
- Assists the Director of Shine Talent Development Development, to create employee development programs to address employee performance needs
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees
- Reviews, guides, and approves management recommendations for employment terminations
Works closely as a consultant to the Director of Shine Talent Development, to ensure The Springs Living has an active employee recruitment program that meets the needs of the company
- Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company with regard to employee relations
- Strategizes most effective ways to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation
- Directly or indirectly conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth
- Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs, monitoring the tracking of OSHA-required data and workers compensation cases
- Reviews employee appeals through the company complaint procedure.
- Establishes the company wage and salary structure, pay policies, and oversees the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises
- Works with outside consultants as needed to develop a company executive compensation plan
- Monitors all pay practices and systems for efficiency and cost containment
- Leads competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff
- Leads participation in at least one salary survey per year
- Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention
- Actively seeks employee input to establish company benefits package
- With the assistance of the COO and CFO, obtains cost-effective, employee-serving benefits; monitors national benefits environment for options and cost savings
- Leads the development of benefit orientations and other benefit training
Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations
- Leads company compliance and coordination with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits
- Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with laws. Approves all information submitted. Serves as the primary contact with the company employment law attorney and outside government agencies
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development
Minimum 6-plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions
Master's degree in business administration or human resources preferred
PHR/SPHR certification preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.