General Ledger Accountant
- McMinnville, OR
Welcome to the next generation in senior living, The Springs Living.
Our purpose at The Springs is to change the way people think, feel and experience senior housing. We’ve taken the time and care to create handcrafted communities for seniors and their families. All of our communities offer warm and inviting environments that enhance peoples' lives, and offer quality services and genuine solutions for seniors.
In addition to complete on-the-job training, The Springs offers (at no charge to the employee):
- Provident Virtual Health Express (doctor's visits) for employee and dependents
- Accredited training: CPR, AED, First Aid and Food handler's
- Awesome e-learning opportunities
- Perkspot discount program
- New Directions Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness (TrainingPeaks) and Career Coaching available
Are you bright, accurate, and have an affinity for numbers?
Do you have a strong sense of ownership coupled with attention to detail?
Do you have a personal and creative side always ready for a challenge?
The General Ledger Accountant assists in the month end close process and preparation of the financial reporting packages and performs research on technical accounting issues.
Here are just a few things you would be responsible for ensuring are completed timely and accurately:
- Record accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP rules for a multi-entity accounting structure
- Perform monthly journal entries for depreciation/amortization, property tax accruals, mortgage and lease payments, and prepaid/accrued operating expenses
- Identify, research, investigate, and problem-solve GL account and/or internal control issues
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts to appropriate subsidiary ledgers
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Record and reconcile Inter-company transactions
- Analyze monthly budget to actual expenses for trends; identify and correct timing differences
- Actively demonstrate our company values of Respect, Teamwork, Accuracy, Integrity, Humor, and Initiative
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or relevant work experience in the above-outlined job duties
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Strong technical accounting background
- A full understanding of GAAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with management, team members, peers, and business partners
- Knowledge of Yardi Systems a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.